GP'S all 8 bad?

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
Have you got a computer on them and do a test that way? worked out for me the last two trucks.

Also i highly doubt the glow plugs are bad!

ohm test them, and also test the relay. Most likely the relay. My expereince.

dasboot

Reaction score
Have you got a computer on them and do a test that way? worked out for me the last two trucks.

Also i highly doubt the glow plugs are bad!

ohm test them, and also test the relay. Most likely the relay. My expereince.
you would have to read sone of the back pots so i wont have to explain
Computer?
Bill at PHP thought it might have been a tune issue and made an adjustment but it did't help. I suppose to get back with him.

dasboot

Reaction score
The next theroy?
What if the length of gp cycle makes a difference. Most of the time i been turning the key on shortly after the lights go off. Maybe i need to let cycle go for a good min or longer. I never had to before, but maybe the tune needs tweeking or there could be another issue fuel or oil? There was a suggestion of a sticky injector spool and try a clean oil change with rev-x.
i will test longer cycle theroy acouple times when engine is good and cold. That is below 60deg.

dasboot

Reaction score
The next theroy?
What if the length of gp cycle makes a difference. Most of the time i been turning the key on shortly after the lights go off. Maybe i need to let cycle go for a good min or longer. I never had to before, but maybe the tune needs tweeking or there could be another issue fuel or oil? There was a suggestion of a sticky injector spool and try a clean oil change with rev-x.
i will test longer cycle theroy acouple times when engine is good and cold. That is below 60deg.
theroy did not work. Turned key 2x60sec+ and no instant start.

bboteler

Reaction score
Had similar issues on mine, 6 gp failed almost simotaneously. Put 8 in it and ever at 6 degrees two weeks ago not plugged in she fired like it was 65 degrees outside, never missed a beat. Once these gp's get weak they are an SOB to get started.

dasboot

Reaction score
using the information from Heaveyhaul
I did an amp test and ohm test on the passenger side plug set at the connection plug by the valve cover. This was the easiest to ge to at my lunch break
Amp draw on all four wires gave me a reading of about 25+/- amps. this could mean at least 2 shot GP's
doing a ohm test with a fluke
2 GP pins no reading
1 GP pin 3. + reading
1 GP pin 32.+ reading
My conclusion is I have some shot glow plugs on the p/s. I have my dieselRx plugs on order and should receive them by Saturday install.
Hope the hell no sleeves come out

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Don't forget you cant test the whole system off of the passenger side battery using the main wire feeding the controller. Easiest to get to for a quick system test.

Rivets are the new duct tape.

dasboot

Reaction score
ok one side done now the other. I had to go get new harnesses both sides.

ok got the otherside done.
only real F bombing done was trying to put that stupid air filter assy back together. What an agravating piece of poop design.
True test will be tomorrow am when I let enginge get cold over night.

Atsah

Reaction score
ok got the otherside done.
only real F bombing done was trying to put that stupid air filter assy back together. What an agravating piece of poop design.
True test will be tomorrow am when I let enginge get cold over night.

Good luck and that air intake assy is a POS for sure..

Atsah

Reaction score
I never saw one of those, pretty slick, I like Bulletproof's stuff..

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Takes all of 10 seconds to change a filter n only take 5 min for the whole install

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online