Grafting a Degas bottle

CCRICE

Reaction score
As long as the capacities are the same and it has the same amount of hook-ups for lines(I don't know how many off the top of my head, or the capacity) I don't see how this isn't possible. I mean i guess anything is possible given the right parts.

patrickke

Reaction score
Like you said about the capacities, I am thinking I can at the very least make a bracket so this can work and modify the line setup...

Another thing I have been thinking about doing is putting a vent into a catch can so that if it does purge it doesn't go in front of my path

CCRICE

Reaction score
Like you said about the capacities, I am thinking I can at the very least make a bracket so this can work and modify the line setup...

Another thing I have been thinking about doing is putting a vent into a catch can so that if it does purge it doesn't go in front of my path

I like where you're heads at, expecially with the purge thing, I recently replaced my degas cap. But haven't had the chance to clean up the spots to make sure its still not doing it. I didn't loose much but with liquids a little looks like a lot...:( (Off topic) But I have to fix my pesky MBRP leak also, might have to call them and cuss them for poor service as i've already filed a complaint.

neverkickn

Reaction score
:whs:

If you are getting poor service then it is an accident as I have always been exceedingly impressed!

boobin

Reaction score
I made my own bracket and used an '05 Windstar tank. A little bit of trimming and it fit perfectly. I caught the Ford parts guys on a Saturday when they were sitting idle and had them drag off the shelf just about every coolant tank they had in stock. It fit the closest to all of the hose hookups and has the same coolant capacity. I actually tested!

Dave

Reaction score
No reason you cant fab your own tank as long as its mounted higher than the radiator.

Hell Doug had one designed for Dannys old 6.0

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I would suggest doing a sight glass on it sort of like the one below so you can see the coolant level in it.

S2CarbonWorks_S2000_RadiatorOverflow_01.thumb_medium

rat49f6

Reaction score
not personally ...yet
but a friend had their fuel cell and it was a work of art

i bet they would do a sight glass for u too

Latest posts

Members online