Gun Safe Idea

2008badlander

Reaction score
I can tell you that under the cup holders in this compartment, my pistol will not fit under there with me putting the pieces back in, so I doubt that the lock box will work.

jcain

Reaction score
M&P shield 9mm
IMAG0171.jpg

truckman1974

Reaction score
That's a great reference picture, thank you. What I'm thinking I'm going to have to do is..... You see the little side wall pieces that are touching the magazine well and along the top part of the slide? I'm thinking if I use a dremel and totally remove those side wall pieces then that whole compartment will just be one big open square (that's the part I need measured)....then I can either fiberglass the safe to this open square piece, or attach it some sort of way that doesn't look ghetto and then the little lid to that compartment will be able to lay over the top of the safe. The safe (underneath) will be anchored to some anchor points inside the console.

gfulton

Reaction score
That's a great reference picture, thank you. What I'm thinking I'm going to have to do is..... You see the little side wall pieces that are touching the magazine well and along the top part of the slide? I'm thinking if I use a dremel and totally remove those side wall pieces then that whole compartment will just be one big open square (that's the part I need measured)....then I can either fiberglass the safe to this open square piece, or attach it some sort of way that doesn't look ghetto and then the little lid to that compartment will be able to lay over the top of the safe. The safe (underneath) will be anchored to some anchor points inside the console.

Just make sure that's not part of the console duct work.......

truckman1974

Reaction score
Yea, for sure. Someone else mentioned that also that there's a couple ducts under there that feed the rear vents. I will definitely be careful...

Spatel23

Reaction score
I think you need to leave some of it to hold up the cup holder portion up, assuming I understand you correctly and it will be put back on top.

Why not simplify this...........get a ruger lcr (or similar in size). Use a hole saw and drill a hole thru the bottom, weld some sort of anchor point in and lock it up that way?

truckman1974

Reaction score
I think you need to leave some of it to hold up the cup holder portion up, assuming I understand you correctly and it will be put back on top.

Why not simplify this...........get a ruger lcr (or similar in size). Use a hole saw and drill a hole thru the bottom, weld some sort of anchor point in and lock it up that way?

The lid of the small square gun safe/lock box will be the portion that will serve as the portion that holds the cup holders up. Actually the false bottom that is already in the truck will just lay on top of the safe and then the cup holders will go into the compartment as they do stock. Just instead of the way it looks from the factory when you lift out the false bottom, there will be a lid to the lock box there.....(assuming everything fits as I'm seeing it in my mind....it's hard to know for sure what will work with me being stuck over in West Africa).

The_Badge

Reaction score
I have used this in my 2008 and now my 2012.... I 110% stand behind this awesome product. I do reccomend the combo and NOT the barrel key lock. I like the accessability of being able to open the lock while driving using the combo rather then pulling over and removing the keys from the ignition to access the vault. Plus, you can secure your keys in the vault while out and about and still open the vault opening it using the combo.

http://www.consolevault.com/Ford-F250F350-Super-Duty-Floor-Console-2011--2014_p_70.html#.VE5Glr6lvbU

The lid of the small square gun safe/lock box will be the portion that will serve as the portion that holds the cup holders up. Actually the false bottom that is already in the truck will just lay on top of the safe and then the cup holders will go into the compartment as they do stock. Just instead of the way it looks from the factory when you lift out the false bottom, there will be a lid to the lock box there.....(assuming everything fits as I'm seeing it in my mind....it's hard to know for sure what will work with me being stuck over in West Africa).

truckman1974

Reaction score
Yes, I saw those (and like them). I'm just really trying to piddle around with a "project" and see what I can create on my own. Even though I'm stuck over in West Africa (with the Army) I'm still trying to find something to mess around with in my free time (what little I have). Thanks!

truckman1974

Reaction score
G27 in a Galco Holster. Had no idea about this hidey spot until I read the post. Thanks

IMG_20141102_204350_689.jpg

Thanks for the pic! I'm feeling more and more confident about this mod...I will just have to wait till I get home to see if I can make it happen. Worst case scenario I go with a console safe but I'd like to make something new.

Thanks again!

truckman1974

Reaction score
No, I didn't find anything else. With me being deployed right now, I have to wait till I get home and see if I can fab something with the little safe I bought. I'd still like to put it in the hidden spot under the cupholders though. Thanks for that link. If the one I bought doesn't work I may could substitute one of those. I'm trying to keep it out of the actual console though.

Reaction score
Here is what I did, I don't have to use it much since my pistol stays on me.

Attachments

• truck safe.jpg
    truck safe.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 119
  • truck safe2.jpg
    truck safe2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 106

truckman1974

Reaction score
That's a pretty good idea too. I saw they also make some sort of shotgun/rifle holder that mounts into the rear tray under the back seat.

Latest posts

Members online