H&S 66 SXE turbo

HOUTX01X

Reaction score
I'm running the tunes that h&s developed for this kit.There is very little smoke before spool and through all gear shifts.Very similar to the video/sound clips h&s released for the Pius turbo. Smoke is not a issue! I will try and get a video of the exhaust when driving.

How did you run your hoses? I see them along the top of radiator and the one going to the rigid tube is gone. I need to do mine like that

6fodays

Reaction score
After endless research I chose the 66 SXE turbo kit. As anticipated the quality of the entire kit is incredible.

The turbo doesn't spool as quickly as the stock turbo did, as expected. When the turbo does spool and create boost it is amazing how hard the truck pulls. I was worried the NON VGT turbo would be to slow to spool, but its not a problem (for me) what so ever.

The turbo sounds very mean/tough with a slight whistle. It sounds nothing like the PIUS turbo option. I'm most happy to get rid of the infamous rick flair "wooooo". I will take a video in the next few days and post it for you guys.

I'm running stock fuel for now with plans to upgrade to dual fuelers in a few months. When I'm ready for another 100 horsepower I will be sure to let you guys know the difference. Even with Stock fuel the truck is fun as hell to drive.

The color chosen for the turbo housing and piping is a dark copper. I love how it turned out.

Big thanks to everyone who answered my questions on other threads. Thanks to Dallas at H&S. Thanks to Tyler and the boys at TruckWurx for the attention to detail and great install.

image_6.png

image_4.png

image_5.png

c748d188-36c8-4054-a82f-a3f298221135.png

image_1.png

image_3.jpg

image.jpg

What color is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FORD-DNA

Reaction score
How did you run your hoses? I see them along the top of radiator and the one going to the rigid tube is gone. I need to do mine like that

Re-routed the hose just above the y-pipe and the dipsticks. In a few of the pics the hose can be seen sagging down because we hadn't put in the final zip tie in.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
^^ Intersting so it was coated twice? Seems like double the expense to get the correct color.
I'm currently doing research on coaters near me to get a similar copper color.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
I dig the copper look on the turbo comp housing and piping. Nice Setup :thumbsup:

FORD-DNA

Reaction score
^^ Intersting so it was coated twice? Seems like double the expense to get the correct color.
I'm currently doing research on coaters near me to get a similar copper color.

All it cost was 200 dollars total. Lighting really effects how the color looks in person.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
O wow that's not bad at all. Iv called several shops around me and only one has returned my call so they will be getting my business.
Just hard to gauge how much everything will cost as it seems every place iv looked online says bring parts in for a quote so good to know about yours; thanks for the info.
And goes without saying but looks really good and I hope mine look similar.

Latest posts

Members online