H&S dual fueler tips and review

jcain

Reaction score
The instructions provided are very intuitive so I'll skip reiterating them.
What I would like to document his the special (not common) tools you will need to complete this install and a few tips that may help.

48mm open end wrench. AutoZone rents this #27141

10mm 12pt torx bit/socket

7/8 deep socket and open end wrench

1 1/16 socket

Appropriate drive torque wrench

An apparatus to hold the water pump pulley

A grinder

The first hurtle is busting the fan hub nut loose. It is NORMAL thread, not reverse. I ended up wedging a claw hammer between the idler pulley and the water pump pulley to get the nut to bust loose with a hammer blow on the 48mm as well.

The protrusion that you grind off is deceiving. You don't grind it level with the truck you favor the passenger side more.

The nut on the fuel pump pulley is 1 1/16.

The fitting that goes into the fuel rail is 7/8 and needs 74lb/ft tq, mine leaked still so I went up to 90lb/ft.

The return fuel T adapter is a pita, just make it lay how you best see fit.

Hope that helps someone a little.

1950pw is a hoot!

dseitler

Reaction score
My only suggestion is leave the belt on and leave it tight and hit the nut with the air tool. Comes loose right away. Then take the belt off and proceed. D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

higherlife

Reaction score

I used a air chisel to loosen the fan nut. Basically made a notch on the nut and then hit it at a steep angle. Worked like a charm.
The torx bit isn't something yay sears carries but autozone has them.

Cc2cuz

Reaction score
I used a air chisel to loosen the fan nut. Basically made a notch on the nut and then hit it at a steep angle. Worked like a charm.
The torx bit isn't something yay sears carries but autozone has them.

Maybe I installed mine wrong but if my memory serves me right I didn't have to take off the fan wheel when I installed my dual fuelers.

higherlife

Reaction score
Maybe I installed mine wrong but if my memory serves me right I didn't have to take off the fan wheel when I installed my dual fuelers.

I think it would be possible but you'd have to have really small hands/arms to reach in between.

higherlife

Reaction score
Did you have any codes throw you into limp more thru this turbo/fueler journey?

Not going to speak on behalf of jcain but i think he's means with proper tuning you should have no codes.

I know that with just the duel fueler and no tuning, that yes, you will limp your truck and codes will be thrown. Low rail pressure is a common one. You need tuning for the duel fueler to work properly with the truck. This is overlooked by a lot.

Reaction score
Did you do this cab on or cab off? I'm pulling my cab for turbo and some other stuff maybe this week, probably be a bit easier to reach and work on everything with nothing in the way.

jcain

Reaction score
I've done everything cab-on in my personal garage. I bet it'd be a bit easier cab-off

Biggpigg4x4

Reaction score
I think it would be possible but you'd have to have really small hands/arms to reach in between.

I installed mine without removing the fan. We tried like hell but the fan wasnt having it. It is do able with a little more patience. No small hands/arms here. LOL Just an FYI.

Reaction score
Not going to speak on behalf of jcain but i think he's means with proper tuning you should have no codes.

I know that with just the duel fueler and no tuning, that yes, you will limp your truck and codes will be thrown. Low rail pressure is a common one. You need tuning for the duel fueler to work properly with the truck. This is overlooked by a lot.

Just so you know, we offer a free tune for any of our product that requires tuning. None of the tunes are max effort tunes but are good, safe tunes that will get everyone on the road.

Reaction score
I installed mine without removing the fan. We tried like hell but the fan wasnt having it. It is do able with a little more patience. No small hands/arms here. LOL Just an FYI.

Yes, it is possible to install it without removing the fan. It just takes a little patience to get the belt over each fan blade.

higherlife

Reaction score

Just so you know, we offer a free tune for any of our product that requires tuning. None of the tunes are max effort tunes but are good, safe tunes that will get everyone on the road.

For 2011-2014. I think most of your products are advertised as 2011-2015 and i don't think there is a free tune or easy to come by tuning at all for your products on the 2015. Please correct me if I'm wrong because I have some h&s products that I'm using as paperweights due to this.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

no they dont offer one because the free calibration is based on the hs tuning platform which expired at 2014 , as for the 2015 , i have 1 truck with dual pumps and are still working out the kinks with sct's . very close though, i believe one table left and its on . problem is SCT is the table changer and getting them to do stuff is like pulling teeth !!

Latest posts

Members online