H&S EGR ****** Install questions

jmccown

Reaction score
I just bought a truck that is already ******d with 5" Flo Pro exhaust, Mini Maxx tuner, H&S intake. I have the EGR ****** kit but haven't installed yet. The kit has the pyro fitting. I still have not installed the kit yet, trying to work up enough courage to tackle it on my own. I was looking it over yesterday and notice there is a probe of some sort on the short EGR tube. I was wondering if I could use that in the pyro fitting on the blockoff plate from H&S, or do I need to use something else? Everything looks pretty easy, but the bolts that are on the back of the EGR. Any tips for install?

HOUTX01X

Reaction score
It was told to me that you need one from the exhaust. I use a cts2 so had to buy a separate one

Codydiesel

Reaction score
You have to use one of the sensors that was in the *** or go to ford and get a *** temp sensor. If you use the probe that's on the egr tube it won't read right and say your at 2000 degrees cruising around. Tips for install is get a good rust penetrant like pb blaster or aerokoil. Soak the bolts on the exhaust manifold where the egr tube is for a few hours , start the truck and get the manifold hot , shut it off let it cool a little and spray them again. Then start the truck and get the truck hot, shut it off and while it's hot try to loosen the egr tube bolts on the manifold. These bolts love to snap and the chances of them breaking go up with miles. There is only one bolt you need to take off the back and that's the hold down for the exhaust back pressure tube. Besides that it's fairly easy.

Latest posts

Members online