H&S Filter Conversion Kit

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Just got my kit in the mail this week! Pretty excited to get it put on hopefully this weekend. Couple questions for those that have this setup or helped install/installed one. Online it states that it comes with a WIX filter. Opened mine with a Baldwin filter inside. Do they come with the cheaper Baldwin filter now? Another question is how did you mount it? I thought it came with a bracket that bolted to the housing and it mounted with said bracket? Online instructions state that the filter sits in the existing housing holder on the engine, with the filter wrapped with provided foam/rubber wrap. I hoped to get rid of all that factory plastic junk. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 171

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
These are the holes I thought a bracket bolted to the housing with. Do I need to just fab my own bracket?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 157

Notneb

Reaction score
Those are there for custom mounting, used when you go to duel fuelers, or for remote mounting it as a pass through.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Those holes are more fuel ports.

They look to be bottom tapped, and with no pass through or ports in the two holes in my second pic. I put the black plugs in two of the fuel ports and the male fittings in the other two and have these two holes left open.

Jomax

Reaction score
Ignore those holes, the filter just slides in the area the factory fuel filter was. Just make sure you use that foam sock so it doesn't rattle.

I used a thread sealant compatible with diesel instead of the thread tape.

They come with Baldwin and I recommend ONLY Baldwin.

Tried the wix and they are bigger a bit causing some issues with fitting in there.

Plus I believe Baldwin is better.

2651eb7d37fd7afdcdde51806b08e3de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImAti0n

Reaction score
What thread sealant would that be? I have my hs fuel filter conversion in the mail as we speak...or type.

Notneb

Reaction score
Permatex makes a diesel/gasoline safe thread compound. Just go to any Auto parts store, they usually have it.

Mine has the Baldwin, mine is a tight fit due to aftermarket IC piping, I'll probably remote mount it later on down the road.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Permatex makes a diesel/gasoline safe thread compound. Just go to any Auto parts store, they usually have it.

Mine has the Baldwin, mine is a tight fit due to aftermarket IC piping, I'll probably remote mount it later on down the road.

My piping kit is a main reason for getting this. The factory filter sucks to change now! Lol

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Well this sucks, Baldwin filter was too tall for this to all fit with my Midwest intake piping kit. Stock filter is back on for now until I figure something else out I guess.

Notneb

Reaction score
I just cut the bottom out of the stock bracket to fit mine with the Midwest piping.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I did alittle looking and found the wix filter they say the kit comes with was shorter than the Baldwin that it comes with. Went and got the wix and was able to get it all together. Tight fit..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 132

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I don't see any way possible to change the filter without disconnecting the lines, unbolting and moving the factory housing, then removing the filter head and then changing the filter. More steps than a factory filter with this intake setup, I'm going to have to figure up some lines and a bracket to get this filter head mounted and able to just unscrew the filter like I had hoped/planned. Oh well!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 110

Notneb

Reaction score
I have a Baldwin and its snug. I've taken it off like 6 times now, takes me 5 min to get it off, change the filter and put it back. But I will remote mount it eventually, it's just in a crappy spot, no fault of H&S. For just chose to put it in a dumb spot IMO.

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
Sorry guys, We design everything here to work with our own product's, and or factory component's. It would take way too much to design around what everyone else may come up with. Hope you understand, and thanks again for the support:)

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Sorry guys, We design everything here to work with our own product's, and or factory component's. It would take way too much to design around what everyone else may come up with. Hope you understand, and thanks again for the support:)

Hey I'm happy with it! No more air/fuel noise up top at the filter! Have you seen any setups where someone has mounted it remotely? Any idea on what to do with the fuel lines at that point? Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online