H&S help

devon_344

Reaction score
I returned the truck back to stock with the spartan and loaded the mini max and drove for a day. Decided to update the mini max. After updating the ad card I uploaded the firmware and then loaded the hot tunes. After loading completed I went to crank truck but no start so I returned to stock then loaded tune again same no crank loaded stock then tune again and cranked and no problems until last night . I turned truck off and walked inside convent store . No start when I went to leave . Went thru process of loading tune but still no crank. So returned to stock and said to hell with it and drove home. Gonna load my trusthy spartan back on until someone can give me some solution.
Any advice is appreciated .
I thought about doing a complete sd card download

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I would double check that your connections to the obdII port are good and tight when doing the download. If it is, I would then do the entire sd card like you said you had thought about doing. Save what you have in a separate folder on your computer though in case you have to go back to it for something later on. Its really easy to do, just a little time consuming. I had to do the sd card clear and upload once and it worked fine after I did it. If that doesn't do it, then you will have to wait and call H&S tommarow and talk with their tech support.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
you're getting a communication loss with the H&S somehow

you could turn the key to run and bridge the starter wire, and it would fire up just fine, but that's not a permanent solution

WoodBoy

Reaction score
You pull any codes when it won't start?

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

Last time I talked to him he said he had a low pressure fuel pump circuit high code for the first time that it did the no start (right after updating firmware and loading new tunes).

The second time he had the no start, he wasn't reprogramming or anything, just switched off to go in the store and when he came back it wouldn't start, it didn't show any codes when he scanned for them then though.

He has an airdog with Elite's fuel bowl delete. He pulls the fuse whenever he programs to keep the airdog from running the whole time it's programming and he has done this numerous times without any issues before.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
He is using the airdog harnes. Cut the oem plug that goes to the pump. Back wire to ground purple with white tracer to pos. The truck already has a fuse and relay. After you hard wire it won't happen again. Mine used to do it every 50 starts or so. Been hard wired for 20k miles no issues.

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Last time I talked to him he said he had a low pressure fuel pump circuit high code for the first time that it did the no start (right after updating firmware and loading new tunes).

The second time he had the no start, he wasn't reprogramming or anything, just switched off to go in the store and when he came back it wouldn't start, it didn't show any codes when he scanned for them then though.

He has an airdog with Elite's fuel bowl delete. He pulls the fuse whenever he programs to keep the airdog from running the whole time it's programming and he has done this numerous times without any issues before.

I just went through this on a customers truck. It would crank one time after downloading his spartan on his truck. Would throw a fuel pump circuit code everytime. Return to stock and it would run fine. So he swapped to h&s and it ran fine for about 2 days, then same thing no start. Fuel pump circuit codes again. Finally he broke down took it to ford. They replaced high pressure pump and it starts perfect now on any tuner.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
I just went through this on a customers truck. It would crank one time after downloading his spartan on his truck. Would throw a fuel pump circuit code everytime. Return to stock and it would run fine. So he swapped to h&s and it ran fine for about 2 days, then same thing no start. Fuel pump circuit codes again. Finally he broke down took it to ford. They replaced high pressure pump and it starts perfect now on any tuner.

Airdog or stock lift pump?

devon_344

Reaction score
Yea I'm still using the airdog harness.
Had it like that for 40,000ish miles and haven't had a problem . But I will look into rewiring it when I get back from offshore.
As far as everything I loaded the spartan in this morning and drove it off and on all day with no problems.
So I guess I will call h&s tom

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.