H&S less smoke tunes?

Reaction score
As of now is anyone able to do custom tunes besides kem for the mini maxx with less smoke? A slight puff is ok but seems all tunes are billowing smoke if i get on it to pass. I dont want to be one of the idiots who blankets a whole interstate because i pass someone. or am i just sol until h&s updates with the tuning abilities that they promise?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Do you still have the stock CAC pipe and intake elbow on the truck? If you do, you could change them out to something like the No Limit Setup and that would also help move more air and clean up smoke for ya. As far as tuning gos, I dont think that H&S is bad at all as far as smoke goes. But for now I would say that KEM is probably the way to go. I know Gearhead is also making tunes that dont smoke, but not sure if they work on the Mini Max. If they do, I would say go that route because a lot of people have been really happy with tunes from Gearhead.

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
I run the mini max with the Hot Damn set of tunes, I run the wild setting (250). I run my truck pretty hard all the time and unless I stand on it from a stop I don't blanket everything. I do have an Elite cold pipe.

mpowerstroketwins08

Reaction score
u could change the defuel setting on the mini maxx, when u do an install of a new tune it ask u to do a defuel change 1 - 5 i believe, with 5 being lots of smoke

Reaction score
ill have to look into the defuel settings, only ones i have changed are just the cut off for egt, coolant, etc. stock intake elbow is on untill i can get a place that i can do my ptp egr delete on the truck, i dont blanket everything but its just to much for my liking last thing i want is to get negative attention, one reason why i still havent put the psa sticker on the truck.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I did forget about the Low Boost Fueling Level. That is what makes the truck smoke less or more at low boost. When you install your tune, one of the options when installing the download will be low boost fuel level. Adjust this and you should be good to go. No need to look for other tunes. Try it out as this should fix your issue.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
that would be right then. Adjust your low boost fuel level and you should be good. It is always going to smoke when you boot stomp it to the ground, but it should help out.

compromised

Reaction score
Had my low boost at 0 with the egr on with very little smoke on the 250 tune. Then I deleted the egr with the flow pro kit with elbow and pipe and then changed low boost to 4 and wow thats alot of smoke!! Going to try 2 in a little bit

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Yeah, mine smoked like a freight train on the 250 with tow Xs and stock fuel. Then I switched to IDP. Loved it. I run the mini max on the 450 now, and it isnt bad, until I stand on it. But even with the low boost fueling set low, once you stand on it, it is too much. Try switching to the later shift points, and it will delay lockup until later, around 55 I think, and you wont bog the turbos down when cruising at 50 with the tc locked... give her a go. it helped mine, but I drive at 45 a lot through my little town, and the later shifting sucks for me.... so I drive like an old lady! LOL

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
turn the low boost fueling to 0

my favorite daily driving tune is Hot Damn wild w/ 0 low boost. It still smokes some, but not very much at all.

Latest posts

Members online