H&S Mini Maxx Question?

Cfox17

Reaction score
So I recently bought my mini maxx with 5" exhaust, EGR delete, and S&B intake. I was wondering if I should update it as soon as I get it and if the Hot Damn tunes were still available on the updater? If not, I was thinking about getting the MCC unlock and going with Matt at Gearhead.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So I recently bought my mini maxx with 5" exhaust, EGR delete, and S&B intake. I was wondering if I should update it as soon as I get it and if the Hot Damn tunes were still available on the updater? If not, I was thinking about getting the MCC unlock and going with Matt at Gearhead.

hit me up I have a package deal of $425 for gearhead tunes and mcc unlock .

Cfox17

Reaction score
Is Mike at Gearhead? Also, since the H&S comes preloaded with 4 tunes, does anyone know what the HP levels are on those and what the most recent update on H&S would change?

I have been reading a lot on the forums on H&S, and I have noticed where they changed the names of the tunes and even though I plan on getting some Gearhead tunes soon, I just wanted to know with more familiarity what I would have out of the box. Thanks

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Is Mike at Gearhead? Also, since the H&S comes preloaded with 4 tunes, does anyone know what the HP levels are on those and what the most recent update on H&S would change?

I have been reading a lot on the forums on H&S, and I have noticed where they changed the names of the tunes and even though I plan on getting some Gearhead tunes soon, I just wanted to know with more familiarity what I would have out of the box. Thanks

hit me up I have a package deal of $425 for gearhead tunes and mcc unlock .

Mike is bigrpowr^^

ckrueg

Reaction score

For the hd300 tune the power levels are 50, 125, 225, and 300 hp.

Cfox17

Reaction score
Thanks! I got it installed and was able to play around with it and it does have the HD tunes. What is a safe tune to run, one where I can cruise and then romp it if I need to? I have it set on Street right now, thought Performance maybe a little too much on stock tranny.

ckrueg

Reaction score
I ran tow for about 10k and would run her hard every couple days. Now I'm on street, no problems yet, max egt I ever saw was 1300 on a 0 to 80 pull and max ebp of 62. I would say it's a pretty safe tune. unless you beat the hell out of it it should last. I alway felt performance tunes were a little risky.
Oh and my truck has 313 k on it, I've had it since 275 and it runs like a champ

skip

Reaction score
I have had my minimaxx now for about three years. Is there any updates needed for me? I would like it to lock the torque convertor in 4th and sooner in 5th.

ckrueg

Reaction score
I have had my minimaxx now for about three years. Is there any updates needed for me? I would like it to lock the torque convertor in 4th and sooner in 5th.
When you tune it it asks if you want to change the shifting. The schedule 1 tunes lock up in 4th and 5th while the schedule 2 locks only in 5th. There is also the option of low med or high that determines when the truck locks the converter/shifts into 4th and 5th for each schedule. So schedule 1 low would shift at the lowest rpm and lock the converter in 4th and 5th, schedule 2 high would shift at higher rpms and only lockup in 5th. Hope that helps. And I would update to the latest software and tunes, I think the last update was about a year ago so you probably don't have the most up to date tunes.

Latest posts

Members online