H & S trans tune question???

bdm1981

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys! Appreciate the help. I'm gonna run it for a while like it is and let the transmission relearn. Go from there.

Reaction score
I didn't get an H&S kit but it's similar to what you guys sell. Stock fuel Non VGT turbo calibration is what I downloaded Dallas.

If it's a non Vgt file then it has higher shift points to keep the non Vgt in its happy place. 3.31's 6th gear and 55mph are not in a non Vgt's happy place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdm1981

Reaction score
If it's a non Vgt file then it has higher shift points to keep the non Vgt in its happy place. 3.31's 6th gear and 55mph are not in a non Vgt's happy place.

Gotcha. I'm new to the non VGTs. I've had a few diesels with the stock VGT turbos. Just use to them I guess. Just curious, is that gonna hurt the transmission long term like that?

Reaction score
Gotcha. I'm new to the non VGTs. I've had a few diesels with the stock VGT turbos. Just use to them I guess. Just curious, is that gonna hurt the transmission long term like that?

Not at all. 5th gear with less lugging is actually easier on parts than always being in 6th lugging it around at low rpm. Also keeps the wear and tear from excessive up-shift/downshifts from being always hunting for the lowest gear then having down shift to go up a small hill.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.