H&S wastegate

08 stroker

Reaction score
Anyone using the H&S wastegate kit? I like that it just mounts on the driver side egr port and dumps to the atmosphere. I've been looking at the elite diesel setup and i like it i just dont want to pull the cab to weld it into the downpipe.

08 stroker

Reaction score
We install them often, they work very well!

Thanks i appreciate the fast response. How is the sound in the cab when the gate is open? I have an external wastegate dump on my 08 mitsubishi evo and it was incredibly loud.

let me know if i can get one for ya .

im actually just interested in purchasing a Tial mvr or equivelent precision gate. I like the design of the H&S kit i just wasnt sure of how it worked. Most of the waste gates ive seen are mounted on the passenger side up pipe. I plan on just mounting the tial gate on the driver side egr port like the H&S kit does and then running a dump pipe down.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
You won't ever hear it honestly under every day driving. It is very mild.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the sound, it would prob be the soot getting things covered underneath Id be worried about

08 stroker

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the sound, it would prob be the soot getting things covered underneath Id be worried about

Yeah that was one of my concerns. Thats why i wanna build my own dump tube so i can route it where i want it to go. or even wrap it around the trans like elite does and tie it back into my exhaust if it becomes an issue.

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
I have a homemade kit loosely based on the H&S kit only it dumps into the wheel well.
It does get a little soot around it, but it's nothing excessive.
Not too loud either.

08 stroker

Reaction score
I have a homemade kit loosely based on the H&S kit only it dumps into the wheel well.
It does get a little soot around it, but it's nothing excessive.
Not too loud either.

Could you send me some pics of what you did? What gate did you use? What boost controller?

Reaction score
Our kit isn't that loud at all and really only comes open at WOT anyway so you hardly ever hear it.

All of the trucks we have had the kit on don't have much soot at all but it really depends on the tuning. The wastegate is only going to be as clean as the exhaust.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Our kit isn't that loud at all and really only comes open at WOT anyway so you hardly ever hear it.

All of the trucks we have had the kit on don't have much soot at all but it really depends on the tuning. The wastegate is only going to be as clean as the exhaust.

X2, mine was a custom setup done but is similar to an H&S kit. Buddy has the H&S kit set on his setup the same way. Really just depends on tuning but most of the time you don't notice it unless WOT. FWIW OP, both mine and a buddy's (when i was on stock chargers) running down the track you couldn't see or tell if the WG was opening or not. At this time we both were running the H&S 300HD tunes with nothing more than an intercooler pipe system and an intake.

washingtonredneck

Reaction score
Thanks i appreciate the fast response. How is the sound in the cab when the gate is open? I have an external wastegate dump on my 08 mitsubishi evo and it was incredibly loud.

im actually just interested in purchasing a Tial mvr or equivelent precision gate. I like the design of the H&S kit i just wasnt sure of how it worked. Most of the waste gates ive seen are mounted on the passenger side up pipe. I plan on just mounting the tial gate on the driver side egr port like the H&S kit does and then running a dump pipe down.

Put up a build thread when you decide to do this. I wanna gate mine but not spend the money for a kit.

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
Could you send me some pics of what you did? What gate did you use? What boost controller?

I used a Tial 44mm gate. It was my understanding that the tials could handle heat a bit better. For the boost controller I just used a simple air regulator with 1/4'' ports. . I'll try to take some pics for you soon.

Last edited:

JDub

Reaction score
If it's tuned right it should only open at wide open throttle. Amd by the time it does, the truck should be at full boost amd running clean. Had mine for 10,000+ miles amd the undercarriage was clean of soot.

diesel2121

Reaction score

Can you send me info on this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

2013f250tank

Reaction score
Im running the H&S single with waste gate kit. Haven't heard it yet. Still haven't piped it into DP. Very straight forward kit an a little insurance for the motor.

08 stroker

Reaction score
X2, mine was a custom setup done but is similar to an H&S kit. Buddy has the H&S kit set on his setup the same way. Really just depends on tuning but most of the time you don't notice it unless WOT. FWIW OP, both mine and a buddy's (when i was on stock chargers) running down the track you couldn't see or tell if the WG was opening or not. At this time we both were running the H&S 300HD tunes with nothing more than an intercooler pipe system and an intake.

Any chance you could snap some pics for me? I like the H&S kit i just wanna run a tial gate. And its tough for me to spend the money on it cause its so simple and i could weld up a pipe in a few minutes at work for literally nothing. The only expense for me will be the gate and a regulator.

Put up a build thread when you decide to do this. I wanna gate mine but not spend the money for a kit.

Will do i plan on getting the parts needed together for this over the next week or two.

I used a Tial 44mm gate. It was my understanding that the tials could handle heat a bit better. For the boost controller I just used a simple air regulator with 1/4'' ports. . I'll try to take some pics for you soon.

Yeah i have a smaller tial on my evo because its what everyone recommended. I also like that i can run coolant lines into it if i want. and thanks id really appreciate it.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Any chance you could snap some pics for me? I like the H&S kit i just wanna run a tial gate. And its tough for me to spend the money on it cause its so simple and i could weld up a pipe in a few minutes at work for literally nothing. The only expense for me will be the gate and a regulator.

Yeah let me get the truck washed and I'll get a couple pic's for you. Mine is just running off of spring pressure but regulating it is pretty straight forward. I am running a Tial MVR 44mm gate fyi

08 stroker

Reaction score
Yeah let me get the truck washed and I'll get a couple pic's for you. Mine is just running off of spring pressure but regulating it is pretty straight forward. I am running a Tial MVR 44mm gate fyi

Thanks! I plan on running the same gate. So Are you running just springs or do you have a regulator hooked up to it also?

Latest posts

Members online