hankook dynapro mt to cooper stt mud

n54power

Reaction score
37x12.5r17 for both
Saturday I had new tires installed. Having worn out a set of hankooks I thought I'd share my experience.
First,they look good.I've liked the basic design of tires that work well without the need for crazy tread designing.
In snow and mud they were great.they tracked straight under load through both mud and snow. They road nice and smooth and required very little weight to run smooth.
on wet pacement they did really well but when they got below a 1/3 tread they were super sketchy.
the last 7k they were running in bad bad ball joints. Even with them being shot they never wore weird or got cupping.
The real test was camping this year.starting with towing into the back country with atv's,river crossings and ****ty off camber roads they never let me down.there were times when they should have gotten ripped open by rocks but received hardly a scratch
thsee are a great choice for someone who.wants a effective reliablessed daily driver tire for 290-310 per tire,they are a great choice.
this time I went with coopers for a coupme reasons.
I ran these in a 35x12.5 on my 2001 tacoma with sas.they lasted along time,the sipping was spot on for iCy wet roads and were quite.
They were about 20$ per tire cheaper than the hankoops and have more sidewall tread and a thicker sidewall.

The hankooks in a size 37x12.5 measure in at 36.7
the cooper's come in at 37.1
the cooper's has a discount promo which dropped the overall cost to 270$ per tire

I'll report back. I have some logging roads,fire wood cutting and a couple pig hunts coming up

Last edited:

IdahoF350

Reaction score
I ran a set of Cooper Discoverer STT 35x12.50-18 MTs on my 2005 from 4/08-4/11, put 45k on them (should have replaced them at 40k, ran them smooth in the centers), and still paid about $1200 installed back then. The were excellent at speed on desert hard pack and sand, did well in the mountains, never gave me any hesitations driving in the rain, and were an all around great tire as my first MT, having never used anything but ATs in my 15 years prior.

There was only one issue with the STTs, and that was exterior cracking around the circumference of the tire, just above the bead on the inside only. May have been from the 8" wheels, but I suspected may have been from exposure to brake heat as well. Never had a failure though, and the cracking didn't present itself until some time after 35k.

Sent by my right thumb!

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
I've ran 2 sets off Cooper Stts.
1: 285/75R16 on my E99 F250 got 45-50K miles out of them
2: 305/70R16 same truck and got over 50K miles

Now a set is on my Cummins. 35/12.5R20 and love them

mandkole

Reaction score
how are the Coopers or Hankooks as a towing tire? I'll be moving away from the old Bridgestone dueler and they feel squishy when towing. The Toyo ATs were far better on the OBS in same size.

Latest posts

Members online