Hard Start.... Need Help....

dangerdon

Reaction score
I just got a 00 F250 w/7.3 and I have some questions. Im having a hard time starting it after sitting more than 12hrs. I can plug it in for about 3hrs and it will start. New batts, new batt cables, new GPR, new air intake temp sensor on air box and manifold, fresh filter change. I have tested the GPR connections...all good. I have a light hooked up to GPR to show me when the glow plugs are getting power. Comes on about 1 out of 4..Have new reduction gear starter, new glow plugs, and new cam position sensor on the way. Could it be the glow plug controller? Need alittle help..

dangerdon

Reaction score
It has 337k only have 200 miles on new trans. No blow-by uses no oil. Not sure if or when the injectors or rings have been changed. Yes hot or cold. Small amount of white smoke when starting, but only if I don't plug it in for awhile.. no black smoke at all. Getting a new set of ring next week.

Arisley

Reaction score
Or HPOP. If you have a GPR, you do not have a GP controller.

Sent from my truck while eating, adjusting the radio and passing a Mustang sideways.

dangerdon

Reaction score
Yeah. I meant the fuel injector control module. The truck starts fine when plugged in. It just cranks when you don't plug it in. Injectors have been checked and all are good. No blow-by. I think its just something electronic. I'm gonna replace the valve cover gaskets and harnesses when I do the glow plugs.

95powersmoker

Reaction score
I just got a 00 F250 w/7.3 and I have some questions. Im having a hard time starting it after sitting more than 12hrs. I can plug it in for about 3hrs and it will start. New batts, new batt cables, new GPR, new air intake temp sensor on air box and manifold, fresh filter change. I have tested the GPR connections...all good. I have a light hooked up to GPR to show me when the glow plugs are getting power. Comes on about 1 out of 4..Have new reduction gear starter, new glow plugs, and new cam position sensor on the way. Could it be the glow plug controller? Need alittle help..

The test light comes on 1/4 times you turn the key? I say you have a bad gpr. There are certain conditions when the gpr won't run like when engine oil temp is above a certain level. Even new GPRS can be bad. With that said. Every time I buy a powerstroke, 100 dollars is invested in glow plugs.

Latest posts

Members online