hard start

99powerstroke7.3

Reaction score
put new starter in and now it cranks over like a champ, but after sitting all night it take awhile to start probably 5 or 6 15+ second cranks....this morning before i cranked it on a level surface i check the hpop resivior and it was less than an inch from the top so i decided to crank it over for a few to see if it was empty suspecting a lpop problem but it was to the top after i cranked it meaning the lpop doesnt seem to be the issue. after that it starts fine all day long... seems to have a slight stumble in the idle but no severe miss. it does smoke a bit when first fired but gone right away id say greyish white with a faint of blue... any ideasss

Reaction score
Hoe are your glow plugs and GPR? what weight oil are you running? How many miles on the injectors?

Reaction score
Do you have any way to hook up a scanner to see what your ipr duty cycle is while cranking? Could be injector O rings.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Do you have any way to hook up a scanner to see what your ipr duty cycle is while cranking? Could be injector O rings.

Any smoke when cranking? Could be a leaky IPR also.
what they said^^^

could also be a slight stiction issue... my 01 does this every morning but it usually fires up on first attempt. has a stumble/miss to it till it warms up.

how many miles on oil change? get it on a scanner asap. that will be the quickest way for us to try and diagnose it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.