Hassler Diesel CR

j250

Reaction score
He posted a pic on instagram of the truck on a dyno...... Anyone know how much horsepower he put down? Hes now running a big compound set up.

Reaction score
He didn't get to make a full dyno pull it cracked the block. He said he knew it was coming... Made like 650@2000 rpms before it let go

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

PSDEng

Reaction score
There is nothing done to the block itself. Not filled, no girdle or bed plate I believe. Maybe a little cylinder machining, but no major work as to my knowledge.

02BigD

Reaction score
There is nothing done to the block itself. Not filled, no girdle or bed plate I believe. Maybe a little cylinder machining, but no major work as to my knowledge.

I just wondered that in his other thread. Not judging in any way shape or form, but that's a lot to ask from a stock block.

PSDEng

Reaction score
I just wondered that in his other thread. Not judging in any way shape or form, but that's a lot to ask from a stock block.

I just replied to that post LOL but yes, I can't believe that they wouldn't prep a block. I saw Tommy say on FB that they knew it was going to split a block so he has a spare ready. I always hated that mentality personally. Sure, 7.3 blocks can be had cheap, but if you know you're going to split one, why waste one? Heck getting a block ready is one of the cheaper things to do in a build....but oh well, it's not my money so who am I to talk!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I saw Tommy say on FB that they knew it was going to split a block so he has a spare ready. I always hated that mentality personally. Sure, 7.3 blocks can be had cheap, but if you know you're going to split one, why waste one? Heck getting a block ready is one of the cheaper things to do in a build....but oh well, it's not my money so who am I to talk!

I agree. Every block split or has a rod through it is one less for the 7.3 die hards down the road. I would hate to by the CGI block from Hypermax.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
There were a couple million 7.3's built, i'm pretty sure we're not going to run out anytime soon. LOL

No. BUT look at how many have been scraped or in peaces. But i agree with you. It just grates on me. around hear you can not just find them. They are still running or they got scraped..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.