Hello from Kansas

BeachedSquirrel

Reaction score
Just purchased a 95 F350 Crew Cab DRW with 250,000 miles. I've been itching to get back into a Powerstroke truck for a couple of years now, and it's finally happened.

Here is a quick pic from my trip back home:
photo4_zps74a570a3.jpg

The truck is very solid, no rust. The fiberglass fenders are beat to hell, but that's not a big concern at the moment. It has a few mechanical issues, but nothing that can't be fixed. Diagnostic test showed the number 2 injector was bad, the right inner tie-rod bushing is shot, and the PO said the oil cooler was leaking. Beyond that, I haven't come across any other issues.

Eventually it will get the full treatment; gauges, downpipe, exhaust, injectors, etc. For now, I just want to get it running like it should be and go from there.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Where in KS? I'm from Wichita area. So are a bunch of others. Nice pickup. Sold my OBS crew cab dually last summer. Miss it.

BeachedSquirrel

Reaction score
I'm just north of Benton. Vanderchevy is outside of Potwin.

Where in Western KS? I'm from out there originally. Just moved back to KS a year ago.

I'll be moving to Dodge City for school in August. I'll be out there for atleast two years. From there, I don't know where I'll end up.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I'll be moving to Dodge City for school in August. I'll be out there for atleast two years. From there, I don't know where I'll end up.

I went to JUCCO in Garden City. Dodge is an "interesting" town... Beat of luck out there. If you ever need anything around the ElDorado area, let me know. There are several of us within 15 to 20 minutes from there.

BeachedSquirrel

Reaction score
I went to JUCCO in Garden City. Dodge is an "interesting" town... Beat of luck out there. If you ever need anything around the ElDorado area, let me know. There are several of us within 15 to 20 minutes from there.

Yeah, I don't know how well I'll actually like Dodge, but they are the only ones that offer the program. If all goes as planned, after five semesters, I'll be a Certified Flight Instructor for Helicopters.

I'll keep you guys in mind when it comes to the truck. Thankfully one of my brothers friends is very knowledgeable when it comes to the 7.3L. Him and his roommate are diesel mechanics in Wichita, so I have cheap labor if needed.

In other news with the truck, found out the power steering line busted and is what caused the huge mess. I don't think the oil cooler is leaking, guess I'll find out this winter, unless I feel like rebuilding it just to be on the safe side. I did get a new PS line, so I'll get the mess cleaned up and get it installed this weekend.

Latest posts

Members online