Help. Blue smoke crank on cold start

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
After i let my truck sit over night and get up for work in the morning and i start her up she'll puff a little blue smoke. Its being going on since beginning of year. I just changed oil yesterday. 1994.5 f350 lbcc 5k old turbo. Maybe injectors? But if i goose it one good time it will blow blue smoke then it goes away and blows regular black coal. Until it cools down all the way and the next morning it does it again

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

ascrap2003

Reaction score
Smell it if it smells like insecticide or something similar it's diesel if it's a haze I wouldn't worry to much sometimes they can haze a lil smoke with mileage usually after 5 minutes it's gone same of its oil no biggie as long as no more than 2 quarts per oil change 5k miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ascrap2003

Reaction score
Could also be boost leak check your boots and for some peace of mind scan it buzz yadda yadda if your injectors have over 150k I would throw some new orings on and check my fuel pressure to just to be safe. What kind of mileage are you getting and what kind of turbo is it? Reman etc

Last edited:

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
It has 373k miles and 5k on reman turbo. I have no idea how old the injectors are

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

joe d

Reaction score
Could be orings. I have a full set of alliant o rings never opened 50$ plus the ride if your needing them obo...

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
Could be orings. I have a full set of alliant o rings never opened 50$ plus the ride if your needing them obo...
I have no idea how to remove the injectors

1994.5 CCLB zf5
6637 intake, new stock turbo, 5" diomand eye turbo back exhaust, RiffRaff hpx line, RiffRaff high flow banjo bolts

ascrap2003

Reaction score
If you can work on a GM 350 or LS1 you can work on a 7.3 injectors are right under valve covers with those miles I would check and replace push rods, rocker arm ball bearings injector orings and electrical fuel pump if you don't already have one lift pumps on those trucks suck. Also check up pipes for soot and install bellowed up pipes if yours are donut gasket type and are leaking. Other things to consider if they are brittle is under valve cover harnesses and outer valve cover harnesses and that is your 7.3 version of a bullet proofed 6.0 don't forget to reseal oil cooler too! Under 2k will keep you good for years! Stay away from tunes anything more than tow tunes hurts em

Last edited:

joe d

Reaction score
Its easy there are a few good good write ups on here... Just slow and steady if you have a littel mechanical experience youll be okay. Really just remove valve covers and i balive its just the rop injector bolt could be just the bottom been awhile since i did mine then pull them out re oring and install. Pretty simple..

ascrap2003

Reaction score
Full force or Ford injectors only there is one other good reman but I forget the name of the company something wood.

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
Full force or Ford injectors only there is one other good reman but I forget the name of the company something wood.

Later down the road probably full force 1.5's but first i gotta get t500 hpop and supporting mods. I live in Memphis, TN and full force is in Murfreesboro, tn and thats like 3 hours east of me. So the turn around on my injectors wouldn't be much at all

1994.5 CCLB zf5
6637 intake, new stock turbo, 5" diomand eye turbo back exhaust, RiffRaff hpx line, RiffRaff high flow banjo bolts

Latest posts

Members online