Help choose lift kit 4-4.5" 2013 f250

Sins4u33

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a lift kit 4-4.5" kit for my SD. I've acquired some amazon $ and gift cards over the holiday months and b-day that I would like to put towards a lift kit. :redspotdance:

I've been looking at all kinds of manufacturers. But I'm not sure which one is worth it. My truck has roughly 35k on it and I don't know if its due for shocks or not. But i see some kits come with them and some don't. Would i need to purchase shocks with some of these kits?

I've been looking at...

Rough Country 563.20 4.5" lift w/ shocks
Ready Lift 69-2531 3.5 front/ comes with a 5" rear block?
Super Lift - K876B - comes with shocks/springs brackets etc.

my budget is around 700ish for the lift. So my main concern with the lifts i am looking at is how is the quality? Am i going to regret not going with one over the other? Will i need shocks with the ready lift? Is the super lift quality good vs the rough country? Or should i be looking at other manufactures? Icon is too expensive for me and what I do with my truck. I live near the city so she doesn't go offroad much at all.

Thanks for the help,
Ben :toast:

Jassman

Reaction score
Call or Email Cary at CT Performance. This guy will set you up with a quality lift at a very fair price. I looked at Carli and Icon and ended up with Pure Performance and couldn't be happier. He will explain the differences and will go over and sell you only what you need. He is great after the sale.

775-835-3569

http://ctperformanceinc.com/

Last edited:

Sins4u33

Reaction score
thanks for the input guys, there are some drastic prices between the kits, i do appreciate the links and support

67boost

Reaction score
thanks for the input guys, there are some drastic prices between the kits, i do appreciate the links and support

It's warranted.

The lifts you listed are "ok" options, but you get what you pay for. It's far more worth it to save your money and buy a quality lift..

The lifts you chose are the simplest, lowest quality available. They ride like a tank and the shocks and coils will simply wear out. Are they okay if all you want is a lifted truck? Sure they are, but you're giving up soooo much quality you never knew you'd have if you don't experience a quality lift.

Save up and buy an icon or Carli lift. You'll never look back. Just my .02

DSL_PWR

Reaction score
Just do the readylift kit and add some Fox Shocks. I did one on my previous and current F350's with no issues. I upgraded to Fox shocks and neither truck rode like a tank at all. Rode better than stock and that's what I was after. I've ridden in trucks with carli and icon lifts and I wasn't impressed.

Never had issues with stock coils so not sure what that comment was about.

If you actually use your truck then the readylift will be a good option.

Jassman

Reaction score
Just do the readylift kit and add some Fox Shocks. I did one on my previous and current F350's with no issues. I upgraded to Fox shocks and neither truck rode like a tank at all. Rode better than stock and that's what I was after. I've ridden in trucks with carli and icon lifts and I wasn't impressed.

Never had issues with stock coils so not sure what that comment was about.

If you actually use your truck then the readylift will be a good option.

The difference in the better built parts over a long term is one reason going with a quality lift. I have been in many Pro-comp, ready lift, and 2 superlift 6" suspension's..they just wore me out....Ya.. they were more forgiving, but the constant bounce was way more than factory. The difference in the 3.. I mentioned..Carli, Icon, and Pure Performance springs are softer than factory with Carli being the softest, and Icon being the stiffer of the three and coupled with the proper shock valving a truck like mine will ride extremely well, far superior over stock...its all in the set up and how much the guy knows selling you the parts. I mentioned PP cause I felt after reviewing certain items they were built better than the other two and then went with one of the best shocks made..Fox. Secondly Pure is less money which enabled me to get springs in the rear.

DSL_PWR

Reaction score
In my opinion from someone that's uses their truck, tows heavy and hauls on occasions I wouldn't want softer springs. My setup works works, was cost effective for my needs, and doesn't hinder my trucks abilities so that's why I suggested that he run the same kit.

If it's a pavement princess then by all means.

Jassman

Reaction score
In my opinion from someone that's uses their truck, tows heavy and hauls on occasions I wouldn't want softer springs. My setup works works, was cost effective for my needs, and doesn't hinder my trucks abilities so that's why I suggested that he run the same kit.

If it's a pavement princess then by all means.

My suggestion on set up was just to help out, and my intent was not calling you out. Cary at CT Perf. would help him out with a basic set up, and then he could grow from that point, if so desired. I'm in construction, and as a hobby tow long and heavy Race boats to event's. So fatigue on the road is what I was trying to eliminate. The softer front springs really help, but then cost goes up. I also added rear springs but again a catch 22 when loaded heavy I added Firestone airbags w a Daystar cup and Air ride adj in cab, just for that purpose....I know it all adds up but the system works very well, and is better than stock.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.