help me decide on what trans company to go with

04cr450

Reaction score
ok, time for a new transmission. problem is not sure who to go with. kind of leaning towards twisted as they have a attractive warranty, and they are 4 hours away from me roughly so i would drive down to there shop and possibly have them install the thing. thought?

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
A good warranty is worth a lot as even the best guys can make mistakes and if they wont stand behind it it doesn't matter how good they normally are.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Twisted or MPD would be good choices. Warren isn't too far either I don't think. Haven't heard too much about their transmissions though.

04cr450

Reaction score
Gotcha thanks guys, twisted sounds like a good choice- still deciding. Yeah mpd is 30 min away from me........ just trying to figure out what "stage" to go with. I dynoed 638hp at innovative so I figure a stage 2 should suffice, its not a race truck and I dont plan on doing anymore go fast mods to this truck. Stinks because I wanted to run it this weekend at mpd's event but im more than certain I ruined my torque converter yesterday. So time for a full upgrade.

04cr450

Reaction score
Ok ill look into the s3 . Does twisted have a package deal per say- buy there trans and they will install it for free? Going to get new trans cooler as well. Is the torque converter the trans comes with stout?

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I hear great things about twisted, however, we have installed a few MPD transmissions and are very pleased with them. I run a MPD stage 4 in my red truck and couldn't be happier. I wouldn't hesitate to give MPD a call.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Gotcha thanks guys, twisted sounds like a good choice- still deciding. Yeah mpd is 30 min away from me........ just trying to figure out what "stage" to go with. I dynoed 638hp at innovative so I figure a stage 2 should suffice, its not a race truck and I dont plan on doing anymore go fast mods to this truck. Stinks because I wanted to run it this weekend at mpd's event but im more than certain I ruined my torque converter yesterday. So time for a full upgrade.
That's next weekend, the 27th. You have time!

Mdub707

Reaction score
You can always just slap in another stock converter for your competition LOL. They're only like $350 from Ford.

Strokin89

Reaction score
What part of MD are u from? I don't have an automatic but I've heard real good things about both twisted and MPD

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

04cr450

Reaction score
im in harford county. 5 hrs. and 10 mins from twisted according to google map.... twisted will install the tranny for a little less than 200 bucks. spoke to them today and said i could wait for it it i took it to them. i have not made a decision quite yet but that is a strong option as of now...

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Considering you said you are 30min away from MPD, I would highly consider them. If you ever need work done to the trans after it is installed you are 30min away and not hours.... think of it that way.

swinky

Reaction score
Ok ill look into the s3 . Does twisted have a package deal per say- buy there trans and they will install it for free? Going to get new trans cooler as well. Is the torque converter the trans comes with stout?
Free install with purchase of any trans. 3yr 100k mile warranty with the stg3 price is right at $5100. 3yrs is a huge deal compared to the 2yr warranty compared to most shops. Small shop that will take care of you.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.