Help me decide

6speedsd

Reaction score
So as of right now I'm running Agg street from IDP. Have ran Eric's tunes in the past and love them. But, this truck doesn't like to shift very well with them. I've been looking into a couple different tuners. Considered Matt's SRL, Erics Xstreet, and recently started looking into Vivian's Looney. I'm not really looking to make huge power. This truck is my DD. I do t want one that will be smokey, or that suffers from drivability issues. I've heard nothing but good from both of those that I mentioned. I'm a little concerned with going to that big of a tune since I'm not studded yet. But, I don't flog on the truck all the time either.

So lets hear opinions from the ones that have ran them. Which do you like better, SRL or Looney. Which shifts better? Which is more streetable as a DD? Which seems to have more power on the low end? Top end power has no appeal to me because this truck will never see WOT. I have no reason to.

Work&play

Reaction score
I love my SRL from Matt.
I am also liking to new tunes I got from Tony Wildman, I just need to tweek it a little but they feel great.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
I've heard great things about Matt's SRL for non studded trucks, I'm just now trying his tunes with the SRL-X. I have ran Eric's X-Street for awhile and loved it for a DD. from what I've seen the looney tune dumps quite a bit more smoke than the rest.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Sounds like SRL is pretty popular. If i knew my shifting would get better with Xstreet, I would go with Eric's. but as I said, my truck doesn't like his Agg street as far as shifting goes. Just assumed Xstreet would shift the same.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Ran Vivian's Looney for awhile when my truck was stock. Super nice shifting for DD. Not a lot of converter lockup... only really locks up in 5th. Will lock up in 4th if you are beating on it WOT. Definitely my favorite DD tune with the stock truck. And Vivian's customer service is amazing. Just got off the phone with her actually

Mdub707

Reaction score
I could never get any tune from Vivian to shift properly in my truck, had it miss shifts a few times and basically hit a "neutral" while I was WOT and rev way high on me. I know a lot of guys have had good luck with her tuning though. It seemed like if I drove on the tune for ~5k miles or more it got a lot better. Any other tunes I had, load up and drive away and they shifted great. Never really got it figured out either. Erics have always been spot on. I liked Doug's tuning for DDin'g though, seemed to shift quick and firm and a little early if I wasn't really flogging on it, so it kept RPM's down and seemed to get decent mileage too, but I never really verified it.

Injected79

Reaction score
i use matts tunes on both my 6.0's, srl for the non studded and srl + for the studded truck. My non studded truck i pull my gooseneck with and i never change from that tune. I weighed in around 23k coming home from IL, and i set the cruise around 70 rolled home. no issues at all. I also use matts tunes on all my customers trucks, no complaints at all.

sootie

Reaction score
as i always say-Gearhead FTW!
shifting is spot on and SRL is a powerful, clean DD that gets good mileage. last saturday i did a 800 mile round trip in an 05 exc and got 19.93 hand calc.

6speedsd

Reaction score
I've pretty much decided to try Matt's SRL. About to do 155's, and studs, so I'll get that one after its all back together and running. Probably going to stick with basic SRL, even though I will have studs. That will be more than enough for me. Trying to keep this thing a good DD.

sootie

Reaction score
if you have studs go with the SRL+. it wont hurt drivability at all-just give you more powah!

Latest posts

Members online