Help truck won't start

1950gmcelc

Reaction score
Hey guys I need your help. I have a 95 f350 with a stick. Two days ago I was driving down the road and lost my gauges and throttle response. I will admit the stereo was cranking so not sure if that had a part in it, but once I turned it down truck seemed fine. Yesterday morning I changed the oil like normal. Fired up the truck and checked oil pressure everything seemed fine and shut it down. Hour later I went to start the truck again and now it just cranks. Cranks fast enough that it sounds like it wants to start but no actual firing. I swapped the cps and have tach movement. Unplugged the icp sensor and tried but no luck. Checked the plug on the ipr and it was dry. Checked the hpop resivior and it was full. Checked the fuel pressure at the shrader valve and it was at about 50 psi at cranking. Glow plug relay is clicking and seems to be working. No smoke during cranking. No chip. So now I am at a loss. Sorry for the long post but I need some help. Oh and I do not have a scan tool to read icp readings.
Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Wait-to-Start light coming on? Are all underhood fuses good? CEL illuminated? If it has a chip, are the symptoms the same with the chip physically removed (not just turned to stock setting)? Cheers!

outlawpowerstroke

Reaction score
Idm maybe.idk I know someone that had that problem they we drivin an it shut off and it'd just crank and it ended up being the idm or computer I can't remember

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Rico

Reaction score
I'm having the same exact issue! On the side of the road. It's good stuff. I have fuel pressure, unplugged ICP, glow plug light comes on. Starter cranks but no firing. Haven't found any blown fuses. I'm thinking pcm? I stalled in first gear then bam, getting pushed off the road

Rico

Reaction score
Sorry! Ha. I had to jet to work and hammer away. Was pretty late. It turned out to be the IPR. Nut was loose so I took the nut off the reinstalled and tightened nice and snug. Fired right up. I feel bad for the guy that pushed me out of the intersection. I guess he didn't seem to care that I had a trailer hitch. I'm over the design of that dam IPR. Has anyone siliconed or used a high temp sealant to prevent the nut from coming off. This is isn't the first time the IPR nut has came loose since I've owned the truck

Rico

Reaction score
Doesn't mess with the sensor? The stupid nut was designed to be a pos for a reason I'm sure

dsberman94

Reaction score
Things I was reading including on here say people have done it with no adverse effect. I always thought the reason they were so cheap was cost. It's just a stamped tin nut. I'll be doing it that way for my buddy's uncle and I'll be doing mine at the same time. Nothing on the exterior of the IPR is ever supposed to move. It's all supposed to be tight so when it moves is when issues happen. Tight and locked is good.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.