Help with 08 f-450

plowboy1

Reaction score
I apologies, for the long story.I have a 08 f-450 with delete and edge tuner. I was pulling a 8row corn head home at maybe 35mph when truck started to act up. While pulling a hill the truck began to lose power, smoke and sort of chatter when accelerating (needing more boost). Yet up on accelerator and truck ran fine. Topped hill, less than ½ mile from home, I continued and truck seemed to run fine. Unhooked trailer. Checked truck over. No visible air, fuel, or oil leaks. No codes in Edge tuner. Thought I’d take truck to dealer (4 miles away) and have them see if there was any codes or if they could diagnose what happened. Pulled out of drive, turned the corner and the truck just started to rev up (motor ran away) HUGE cloud of smoke out the exhaust. I quick shut it off. Towed it home. A small amount of oil came out of air filter. Truck cranks over but won’t fire. Talked to a couple local places, no one has had any experience with a problem like this. Answers varied from: computer, high pressure fuel pump, turbo, injectors to “don’t know take it to the dealer”
Any idea what might have happened? Where or what do I look for?

Latest posts

Members online