Help with exhaust questions

Milford

Reaction score
I know this is on here somewhere but I cant find it. My exhaust is finally done for after 10 years. Just wondering what you guys use that holds up in the Midwest to the winters. DP all the way back. I am thinking 4 inch back but I like the 5 inch look just not seeing to many 5 inch ones. Also is there a 5 inch DP out there for the SD or just the 4 because the 5 wont fit? Mine is aluminized right now but am looking to go stainless. 309 or 409? What holds up the best?

Turbo Man

Reaction score
You're from Naperville, I just left Naperville. I have the MBRP 4" turbo back and it is holding up good. It was on the truck when I bought it 3 years ago, I have no idea how long it was on the truck before I bought it. The pipe itself has no rust starting at all but the clamps are starting to rust. I am verry happy with the fit and quality and sound. I have the aluminized version, they do make a stainless version and a 5" alum and stainless.

Last edited:

Milford

Reaction score
Hey turbo, I live in Plainfield now off 126 and county line. I was in Marseilles on Saturday for the Freedom ride. I think MBRP has won the vote on quality and longevity. I think I will get the 4"DP into the 5" back and muffler delete.

Milford

Reaction score
I like the Hypermax but 475 for the exhaust and another 170 for the DP to me is a rip. I bought mine used for 150 bucks and the DP was free because my buddy put a H2E on his truck and another comes with the kit so I got it. A turbo back MBRP that's stainless sounds more appealing to me for the price.

PDT1081

Reaction score
I know this is on here somewhere but I cant find it. My exhaust is finally done for after 10 years. Just wondering what you guys use that holds up in the Midwest to the winters. DP all the way back. I am thinking 4 inch back but I like the 5 inch look just not seeing to many 5 inch ones. Also is there a 5 inch DP out there for the SD or just the 4 because the 5 wont fit? Mine is aluminized right now but am looking to go stainless. 309 or 409? What holds up the best?

AFE 409 Stainless. 6 years in Northern Ohio, still solid. Not pretty, but solid. If you want your exhaust pretty spend the extra for 309, otherwise 409 or even Aluminized will outlast the bed on these trucks.

rascal

Reaction score
Got my Magnaflow 4" turbo back stainless T409 from Thouroughbred exhaust for 373 + free shipping. Put a 5" tip on it as you are only flowing as much as your smallest pipe and all the kits have a 4" downpipe.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online