Help with Icon 4.5" lift

White Stallion

Reaction score
2005 f250 installing Icon 4.5" stage 1. From what I have read the front shocks will work with a TEI spacer. Next I decided on a 7" block in the rear as I like the raked look. Will the 4.5" shocks be long enough? If not I'm going with some Fox 2.0 front and rear but not sure of the length I should go with. Any help is much appreciated.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Shocks for 6" of lift will work for a 7" lift. Only prob youll have is limiting down travel of the suspension. Unless you plan on doing some hard wheeling you most likely wont come close to maxing the length out anyways. With 4.5" of lift in front it will bumpstop the front before the rear maxes out so youll know your gonna lift a rear tire before it happens.

My guess is your gonna be pulling the 7" blocks for some shorter ones once the front springs settle down a bit. Thats gonna be one hell of a rake.

Last edited:

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
If your running icon shocks, most the shocks they offer are for 4.5 up to 9" of lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White Stallion

Reaction score
Okay got it done shocks worked but can't go any higher with these. I don't off-road so no big deal. I'll be buying some Fox 2.0s soon anyway. 5.5" front and 7" rear with a set of 38" Toyo MTs. They rub pretty good so I'm about to pull the trigger on some 37s 15.50s are just to wide for this lift. I knew they would be but got a killer deal on the set. What do you guys think?
742e42bb688d2bcdb39f6499b073bbea.jpg

Isaac313

Reaction score
Wow killer looking truck. I have a white 08 CCLB, I'd love to go that sleek.... I have some paint chips and small dents that are getting fixed in the spring, and then the door handles, but wow, your truck is gorgeous. You have any more pics?

Isaac313

Reaction score
Is that 4 inches on 37s? Or 6 inches? I'm at 4 inches of lift now with 35's and Fuel 20x12's with -44mm offset, but my rear blocks are a bit too tall, so I'm going to level the front end soon, so basically 6 inches. I might just buy 6 inch lift coils, and don't forget to get them powdercoated white :)

Isaac313

Reaction score
I'm looking into rear spring lift, and going up to a 6 inch front lift, instead of 4.

Isaac313

Reaction score
Yea probably, but I don't know if I wanna go up anymore because of virtual rear gearing with 35's vs 37's besides, my 35's only have 2000 on them right now. So that could be 2-3 yrs for me...

I just found that procomp has some reasonable rear leaf lift options. So i can get rid of my stacked rear blocks... :D Here's what it looked like 10 minutes after I put it on... It settled a little of course, and this pic doesn't really do it justice, but the second one I think you can see kind of what I'm talking about... Although that was just a good picture, it leans more than you can see. That duramax is at 6 inches, just for reference...

2roj4mb.jpg

ogiart.jpg

Isaac313

Reaction score
Hope you don't mind if I use your truck as my background pic for a little while...

White Stallion

Reaction score
That will look good when your done. I love the wheel offset. I've always loved the 08 front end but couldn't afford one when I bought mine. It's my baby though, I bought it as an xlt so I have done tons of work to it myself. Slowly but surely get it how you want it.

Isaac313

Reaction score
I like the classic 05+ 6.0 front end a ton. Especially with white, just paintmatch everything, and paint the inside of your headlights, instead of just tinting them :)

But your truck has soo much "sleekness" which is kinda what I'm going for.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.