help

twitch02x

Reaction score
Installed 6.0 manifolds and rudys up pipes this weekend and now I can hear the motor inside the cab. Sounds like there is a speaker under dash it is so clear, if I put in drive and give it gas while holding the brake it goes away. I tried loosening the down pipe and moving it around but it didn't help. Coming from trans tunnel area

Any ideas

SlowSmoke

Reaction score
Installed 6.0 manifolds and rudys up pipes this weekend and now I can hear the motor inside the cab. Sounds like there is a speaker under dash it is so clear, if I put in drive and give it gas while holding the brake it goes away. I tried loosening the down pipe and moving it around but it didn't help. Coming from trans tunnel area

Any ideas

Did you pull cab to do this?

SlowSmoke

Reaction score
It's the downpipe hitting the firewall, they get real close running 6.0 manifolds. What we do is loosen all cab bolts, lift up on the cab and roll the chassis forward as far as you can. There's about a half inch of play there and you can usually get enough by doing this. Easier said than done if you don't have a hoist though.

SlowSmoke

Reaction score
It's the support bolt for the fuel line on the back of the engine. I filed mine down.

Where is there a support bolt for a fuel line on the back of a 6.4? Only thing I have ever seen rub is a downpipe or possibly a 6.0 manifold on the drivers side as that side is tight. Without a hoist it's obviously not as easy to repair. There is also a stud coming out of the firewall on the passenger side about half way up the up-pipe. That also gets real close with aftermarket piping.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Where is there a support bolt for a fuel line on the back of a 6.4? Only thing I have ever seen rub is a downpipe or possibly a 6.0 manifold on the drivers side as that side is tight. Without a hoist it's obviously not as easy to repair. There is also a stud coming out of the firewall on the passenger side about half way up the up-pipe. That also gets real close with aftermarket piping.

That's the one I'm taking about.

Riverside

Reaction score
2014-10-15%2009.13.27.jpg

Latest posts

Members online