Helpa guy out. I'm stumped

littleredstroker

Reaction score
So swapped in a a motor bout a month month and a half ago. And been running fine till about a week ago, heard some squeaking to find that the water pump pulley was working its way loose. Ok, tightened back up and did it again, when it did it the second time i lost one of the bolts. I lock tited them on and tightened em up using the 3 till I could get hold of another bolt. Driving home last night, lose power steering and so i pull over and sure enough the belt was off ... And the
Water pump pulley had pulled off.. confusing part is all 3 bolts were tight still... It literally pulled the bolt heads through the pulley.. WTF is going on ??

Same exact water pump/pully/fan that had been ran for 200k.. brand new tensioner and idlers.. so confused.
sent while staring at a windowed block

300000 and counting

Reaction score
I wonder if the bearing in the water pump is going bad causing a vibration that is causing the bolts to loosen. Just a thought

littleredstroker

Reaction score
You have another pulley not lining up correctly. Try dropping a straight edge across the pulleys to verify.

I think you may have it, everything but the water pump pulley was off my 03 when I did the swap, I noticed a difference in the WP. Pulley s when I was diggin through my extra box of stuff, 2 differen diameters , so maybe it was recessed a little more. I'm putting the one off my 03 on it then I will check.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
a8etehu8.jpg

I had to cut the outside " ring" off to get it off, couldn't get a wrench on the fan

bluedge8

Reaction score
That is impressive damage! Either the pulley was not in alignment or the shaft is bent on the water pump.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Well just got back from my 1500 mile trip all went well.

Other than another issue, that I might as well post up here instead of a new thread.

Same set up with beans tunes, the truck would kinda shake and buck a little when coasting down a hill with no load cruise on.

Matt's tunes, I've noticed it worse, it usually happens above 2krpm, it will sputter and sounds choppy at 1-3% throttle , almost like it cuts out and comes back immediately like it's not sure where it should be running at.... Tuning ? Or what ..

littleredstroker

Reaction score
My tow/econ is hell... My all out is hell. Heavy tow hell, street hell... All the same, I was hoping it was something could he fixed without being live tuned

Latest posts

Members online