here we go again

AKHILF

Reaction score
Im sure you guys see these a lot with this motor. I use to want to have a fast truck and have fun, I bought my 6.0 5 or 6 years ago already studded from an older gentleman that just used it to tow his trailer. I did an egr ****** and gauges and an act with ******** tunes. then 3 or so years later I blew the head gaskets. Had the local dealership do the work, they said the heads where cracked and to far gone so I got 2 new or remanned heads and stock gaskets and oil cooler and turbo.

The last few weeks iv been hearing a whistle so Iv been knowing something is going on, I know i have an injector going out. I start the truck and it runs a little ruff for the first few miniuts in the morning. So iv been planning on working on the truck. Today I popped my hood and I see my degas bottle black. Just guessing but my oil cooler probably is blown, heater goes cold when I'm not in throttle so more than likely head gaskets are blown again. My question is what do you guys recommend, ill do stock gaskets, oem oil cooler and whatever other needed gaskets are. I am thinking the dealer didn't do a very good job on the last head gasket job but what can i do to make it so I don't have to be back in here again for a long time. I have a coolant filter kit on order also. Can my arp studs be torqued a third time? Any suggestions? Ill be having the heads checked out by a reputable machine shop also. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online