HID projector install

MEDIC350

Reaction score
update

got the chrome off
20150201_103106_zpsaaf7np5l.jpg

a box full of stuff from the retrofit source
20150201_103143_zps4fkwx5q1.jpg

i got some mini gatling gun shrouds when i ordered but they are too small ordered the 2.0's on b stock to give them a try

for those who posted how did you seal up the housing since your not using the h13 bulb anymore? can i get a visual

David1089

Reaction score
update

got the chrome off
20150201_103106_zpsaaf7np5l.jpg

a box full of stuff from the retrofit source
20150201_103143_zps4fkwx5q1.jpg

i got some mini gatling gun shrouds when i ordered but they are too small ordered the 2.0's on b stock to give them a try

for those who posted how did you seal up the housing since your not using the h13 bulb anymore? can i get a visual

Looks awesome man keep us updated Id like to see how yours turns out, check the glass in the b-stocks. One of mine was chipped in the corner but didn't effect output for my turn signals.

David1089

Reaction score
I wish I could give you some advice on the rubber on the back side, I had to trim that with some scissors to try and keep it as tight as possible. Just to clear my d2s wires on the bulb, sadly I don't have any pics of that, but so far no water or dust in them I'm extremely happy with it

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
So, do I send you the original headlights to be worked on or do I just send them after I get the modded headlights? :thumbsup:

David1089

Reaction score
Haha!! Man let me know how yours comes out, it was a fun project, worst part about the whole thing was getting all the old glue off the black housing... It sux's!!!

David1089

Reaction score
I took some of the clearance projectors, and separated the projector from the reflector housing, centered them the best I could and tapped some holes and mounted them with screws

MEDIC350

Reaction score
I took some of the clearance projectors, and separated the projector from the reflector housing, centered them the best I could and tapped some holes and mounted them with screws

cool. yea, i last minute decided to go with the quad projector look. I'm bummed i can't start fitting anything till next week my painter at the collision shop i have been using took a week off ..

David1089

Reaction score
cool. yea, i last minute decided to go with the quad projector look. I'm bummed i can't start fitting anything till next week my painter at the collision shop i have been using took a week off ..

I hear ya man, it took my painter 5 days to get around to my project since it was a 3 stage paint. When I installed my shrouds on the signals I did quite a bit of trimming and had to go back and get a touch up done I was quite upset with myself. I did like you and decided at the last minute.

MEDIC350

Reaction score
anyone get lenses from klearz? i ordered some a few weeks ago and i got them today. there ****in junk. all bent up and tabs broken i haven't called them yet but they wouldn't be recommended by me. i have heard they may have broken tabs which I'm cool with since I'm going to JB weld them from the inside of the housing but the bends are ridiculous

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
yup yup just ordered a mini d2s 3.0 kit from TRS cant wait to get started. post all the tips you got lol! i got morimoto xb ballasts hope auto on still works.

1 quick question. im going to have to bake my already painted headlights to get them apart. any worries?

Last edited:

David1089

Reaction score
yup yup just ordered a mini d2s 3.0 kit from TRS cant wait to get started. post all the tips you got lol! i got morimoto xb ballasts hope auto on still works.

1 quick question. im going to have to bake my already painted headlights to get them apart. any worries?
I've got the xb's also and auto still works like factory I'm extremely pleased with morimoto! I ordered the 4500 lumens and light output is awesome! As far as reopening them if the paint messes up, just take it off with easy off oven cleaner, had an old body shop guy show me that trick to strip paint.

jwanck11

Reaction score
Yours look awesome!!

Here are a couple of picts of mine. They came out pretty dang good, but I miss 55watts of light (easy ballast swap) and also the performance of the FXR projectors (completely new build!)

444D495B-7BD1-4B3F-88D1-ED0B65479C0F_zpscbfnaz4e.jpg

5F10497A-53F0-4462-9301-2E43FE9306CC_zpsgsacvpmn.jpg

This is a completely dark road (no street lights)

FEC6D49A-AF79-4E85-A54B-A3718A4D28E8_zpsnqva2xij.jpg