High egts feels like drag

KCTurbos

Reaction score
We replaced the gauge and probe. Even put the probe in opposite manifold. Same gears on both trucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Did you also make sure to replace the converter box? That is usually what I find wrong

scparrish

Reaction score
Converter box?

I was wondering if the high egt's were from gearing or not guess that's not really but I am sure they would alleviate the issue but kind of expensive to mask an issue. I have even wondered if the transfer case. I love driving it but the temps concern me, this is the vehicle I take on all my road trips and I have to be going pretty fast to maintain 1000 degrees 80+ mph.

Reaction score
My brother also claims while running his pmax he was doing a burn out...something changed and egts where effected there after.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

scparrish

Reaction score
Well new egt gauge and probe installed along with rebuilt injectors and still has the same egt temps cruising. I am going to swap in a smaller turbo and see what that yields.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Just curious when your problem started?
Right when you bought the truck?
When new injectors were installed?

Did you end up getting that turbo from James? What size did you go with?

You have already tried so many sizes I doubt your super high egts are directly related to turbo size... although it might help.

scparrish

Reaction score
They started after an accident so I really don't know where to start. It once ran great with 190/75 injectors and a powermax and then became hot a laggy after. I have replaced a lot since then with no improvement. I am truly at a loss on what I need to do to improve this.

I ended up with a Borg FMW 62/68/.88, which I am sure has to help some over the box 66. I got it from a company here in Texas to be sure I can get it prior to this weekend.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Accident? What kind of accident? Front end collision? That could have messed up something with the CAC or piping. I have even seen idiots paint right onto the radiator/intercooler

Stroked777

Reaction score
Accident? What kind of accident? Front end collision? That could have messed up something with the CAC or piping. I have even seen idiots paint right onto the radiator/intercooler

whs. I would make sure the IC is ok with no leaks. Paint on a IC can effect heat transfer

scparrish

Reaction score
Front right tire blow out going down the highway which took me off into a highway sign and then a ditch.

I pressure tested the IC and it looks good, although I really want to replace it.

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
Have you verified that the front end is aligned? Frame/suspension tweaked? That could be creating excess drag going down the road

Sent while doing burnouts somewhere in the country

scparrish

Reaction score
No alignment issues either. I really am not enjoying saying nope I want an answer real bad the heat and the mpgs are pretty damn awful right now. I am border line ready to rip out all the suspension and start over with rebuilt axles and rebuild the t case, after that everything would be pretty much new on the truck.

Latest posts

Members online