High powers vs. tow powers for mild injector size

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
Just like the title ask would there be enough benefit if any from going from tow power x to high powers on a small injector size like 60 hp.. Also would there be any down side from just doing the tow power x atmospher and leaving the stock size hp turbo. From what I've gathered since the low pressure determines airflow there shouldnt be any downside to keeping the stock hp
So far my dream build would be
Tow power x atmospher
Steed speed manifolds
Intake manifold
Air dog with upgrade
60hp injectors
No limit pipe and inter cooler
Head studs and get deleat of course

Already have H&S mini maxx(hoping IDP tunes to come) deleat pipe and S&B intake, have a RCD converter 1600 stall, competition rebuild kit from elite, Billit input shaft, waiting to be installed hopefully this week, also I think the low reverse hub is smoked so problly ordering that soon as well

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I would say go with the power x atmo and keep the stock vgt. It should make good power, and if you aren't happy with the power you can always step up to a bigger vgt down the road. 60hp injectors should be fine.

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
Would it be worth it to do full tow power x's with the 59 mm hp on that small of injectors? Also what supporting mods would be good for reliability?

jdgleason

Reaction score
6.4s respond really really well to airflow upgrades. My truck picked up some good power with the tow power atmosphere. As for going to the bigger tow x/high power atmosphere, there would be even bigger gains with a small nozzle. More turbo seems to make quite a bit more power than more nozzle (without nitrous of course). I know of a certain truck with high powers and 60s that made big numbers :D

jdgleason

Reaction score
The raw powers are meant to be driven by some bigger nozzles. I would say 110s would make some good clean power with them though.

Crack85

Reaction score
High Powers = 76/62
Raw Powers = 88/59

I may not be 100% correct on that, but I know I'm close.

That part I know...but Raw Powers are listed for 5500 n High powers are listed for 7500, I want to believe there are some other differences.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
That part I know...but Raw Powers are listed for 5500 n High powers are listed for 7500, I want to believe there are some other differences.

I'm sure the cost of the VGT is part of that. Not sure why the price difference is so great though. I'm sure JD will chime in later. It's a little early in the morning out in Denver. LOL

White_monster

Reaction score
High powers come with a modified rocker box, heavily modified vgt turbo, all new crossover pipe and clamps and boots, might be some other stuff too. The expense to modify the vgt turbo is where the added cost comes in. Hope that helps.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
I know once you dump the factory hp you have to start all over with the piping. Between stages and then to the innercooler. Which includes the u pipe that the fuel cooler mounts on. Another thing to deal with. The fuel bowl has to go to make the new piping fit. There is quite a bit and may be more. Idk.

MINK

Reaction score
or buy the vgt/t4 mount form Elite and run a s475 or s480 with the factory vgt...would take some fab work with the piping but you would come out far cheaper in the end.

08PowerSmoke

Reaction score
or buy the vgt/t4 mount form Elite and run a s475 or s480 with the factory vgt...would take some fab work with the piping but you would come out far cheaper in the end.

TRUE....but doesnt the Elite Tow Power X atmo kit come with EVERYTHING.....Even a wastegate? How much of that is actually needed I already have a wastegate?

How much Fab work do you think would be needed?

Turbo's are next for me so.....

White_monster

Reaction score
Fab work needed. Tweak the down pipe, custom oil drain tube for the lp turbo, cross over pipe to be fab'd, you'll need an intake of some sort too, oil supply lines plus the fittings to connect them, I know elite modifys the pedestal for the oil drain too, wastegate piping isn't too bad to do. This all should be done on a mock up engine out of the truck to make things easier.

Latest posts

Members online