High Temps after Mishimoto RAD install

Mishimoto

Reaction score
So to update everyone it was simply the connection between the RAD hose going from the thermostat housing and into the top of the radiator. it has about a quarter inch of wiggle room thus allowing air into the system. Which MISHIMOTO said they would replace my radiator but then completely started ignoring me and wont handle the situation so i was once a mishimoto fan but now due to their customer service, i am really starting to become ANTI. And, if it were the front cover i would have coolant in my oil so that cancels the cavitation issue out. But thanks to all who responded!

Sorry to hear you were not pleased with the service provided by our team. Stock hose o-rings will tend to flatten if they've been installed for a long period of time. This means if the orientation is changed or they are re-installed, they may seep or allow air entry. This is normally made visible by white-ish coolant stains on the plastic connection point.

Let us know if you find any other issues within the system.

-John

griz700rocket

Reaction score
First post states that he replaced the hoses with new ones from Ford.

Ok so i am hoping that i will be able to get some answers on here bc im completely lost at this point. I installed a new Mishimoto radiator on my 6.4 which has 160,000 miles to date. I did the install and replaced any part that looked worn out and all the parts that were for sure worn out including the RAD hoses. Upper and lower. When i first put the truck back together and buttoned it up i was having issues with the RAD hoses sealing so i just went ahead and replaced them with the new updated RAD hoses from Ford. Well my truck still was acting completely normal until it would get to about 190 degrees and then would spike all the way to 240 degrees. I returned the upper RAD hose and ford gave me another one in its place ( so that makes 2 new "updated" RAD hoses i have tried). So i got it back buttoned up again today with another brand new set of Thermostats in there and basically the same thing happened. For about 10 minutes my truck felt and ran perfectly normal. Then it would get to 196 Degrees and would spike to 236-242 degrees in a matter of seconds and then i would have water coming out of the top of the degas bottle which tells me the PSI is getting WAY to high. So when i got home i noticed that the upper rad hose, where it connects to the Mishimoto radiator, had about a quarter inch of play in it and wasnt sealing correctly. Since i have literally replaced every other thing, i just dont know what else it could be. I called Mishimoto and sent them a video of what i have just explained and did not hear back from them at all. Hopefully i will tomorrow but as i sit here, without a drive-able truck, im just really questioning going with a Mishimoto Radiator as i never had these problems before making the switch. I have really loved the Mishimoto brand and im sure this problem could be fixed with their new silicone RAD hoses but they are $550 and i cant do it right now espescially after dropping $225 on these new "updated" hoses from Ford. But since there is SO much wiggle room im about convinced that Mishimoto made their radiator to fit their RAD hoses which i was assured before buying the radiator that that was not the case. Im just beyond frustrated with the entire thing but has anyone else had an issue like this or does anyone else have any advice they can give me as to what else it could be. I was planning on buying a new Intercooler from Mishimoto next week but now i dont know what to do bc of this situation. Any and all help will be VERY much appreciated!

Latest posts

Members online