Holset turbo on a 02 F-250

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
I was thinkin about putting a HX40 on my F-250 and didn't k ow if anyone has any experience with that setup or not or what all is needed or anywhere to get a kit to do it.. Any insight is helpful.. Thanks

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Hx40 is a good turbo, would be a touch laggy on stock injectors but good for 180's to 250's...

Smokin 6.0

Reaction score
Trucks got 238/100's in it and I had a 38r on it just lookin to switch things up a bit.. Sorry I forgot to mention that..

V-Ref

Reaction score
HX40....that's T4i...so either a Hypermax...or Carson Stauffer or Irate could build you one.

The dimensional mounting flange differences between a T4 and a T4i are miniscule...you can get away with "enlarging" the holes on the T4i exhaust housing to work on a T4 mount. Downpipe, and turbo compressor/intake plenum clearances, as well as oil supply & return would be points to consider when selecting a mount....but that's for any turbo. Be sure to post up and share what you're final solution is...help others along the way. There's a lot more readers than posters on these forums.

Great T4 vs T4i differences thread
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showpost.php?p=53594&postcount=4

T4
T4flange.gif

T4i
T4iFlangeDimensions.jpg

Last edited:

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
Most hx40's are actually t3 and are smaller than a 38r. They are also prone to breaking shafts when beat on hard. I would say if anything go with a hx52 or 55.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
I didn't mean to steer him wrong...the one I held not even a month ago was a T4i. ..we measured it just to be sure. Maybe it wasn't a hx40? ?? hmmm

Interesting, I'm not saying your wrong nor did I want to imply that. There might be a few odd ball applications that use a t4i flange, I know on all the industrial (ag and construction engines) that I've seen they have all been t3 flanged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online