home made tymar intake questions

bmack31

Reaction score
hey guys. looking to make my own tymar. a question regarding the orange hose. how long is it? I was going to use this.. http://www.siliconeintakes.com/prod...d=622&osCsid=0c2490115d22f4d6294217d2195d4054
hose but want to make sure its long enough. also I ned to replace the orange hose that connects directly to the turbo. for that I was going to use this..http://www.siliconeintakes.com/prod...id=21&osCsid=0c2490115d22f4d6294217d2195d4054
do you guys think this will work? all help is very much apreciated

old man dave

Reaction score
The update "black hose kit" has a replacement turbo to breather adaptor, "black hose", clamps, replacement plastic breather adaptor and small hardware.

If you want to eliminate the aluminum breather adaptor, the black hose (with clamps) part number is F81Z-6C681-BA. Then you can use a section of 4" exhaust pipe to replace the aluminum breather adaptor and make up to the 4" exhaust bends to the Tymar filter.

old man dave

Reaction score
The update "black hose kit" has a replacement turbo to breather adaptor, "black hose", clamps, replacement plastic breather adaptor and small hardware.

If you want to eliminate the aluminum breather adaptor, the black hose (with clamps) part number is F81Z-6C681-BA. Then you can use a section of 4" exhaust pipe to replace the aluminum breather adaptor and make up to the 4" exhaust bends to the Tymar filter with an additional silicone boot.

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with the Ford kit. It is complete, the hose is nice and stout (unlike the original orange hose), and the truck remains factory which is important to some people want (and why I posted it in my post). Cheers!

old man dave

Reaction score
And believe it or not, I believe the black hose kit actually improves airflow a bit over the old stock setup. And definitely if you eliminate the breather adaptor.

bmack31

Reaction score
sweeeet. thanks for the help guys. much appreciated. maybe il just fab up a long exhaust hose to go from the filter to that black turbo hose?

bmack31

Reaction score
quick question. again. anyone have that black hose from riff raff? whats the od on the non turbo end?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.