Honest opinions on 3 or 4 link

Strokinn6.0

Reaction score
I am stuck pondering on what to buy all the threads I have come across seem to turn into a argument rather than receiving an answer. The truck is going to have approximately 9-10" of lift and mostly street driven. How is yours setup, and what do you like about either. Thank you

NotStock

Reaction score
With that large of a lift, you will want to do a 4-link. A 3-link can be used but it would require a drop bracket which would negate some of the benefits.

Strokinn6.0

Reaction score
With that large of a lift, you will want to do a 4-link. A 3-link can be used but it would require a drop bracket which would negate some of the benefits.
I emailed you last week still have not received an email back. I was all about doing the long arm 4 link until I was informed not to

Strokinn6.0

Reaction score
Thanks and yes I am using drop brackets. Give Ole Jared at River City Diesel a call and he can help you out with some different options.
Ok thanks did you set your caster yourself or an alignment shop I'm having a hard time finding an alignment shop that actually knows what they are doing

NotStock

Reaction score
The measurements should be provided by the 3/4-Link company. From there it should be taken to a shop to verify the intended result was achieved. Anything different and your being foolish. Why risk a $600-1500 set of tires over a $100 alignment?

smokinstroker

Reaction score
The measurements should be provided by the 3/4-Link company. From there it should be taken to a shop to verify the intended result was achieved. Anything different and your being foolish. Why risk a $600-1500 set of tires over a $100 alignment?

100% agree, not to mention things such as bump steer, dog tracking, and improper axle travel when measurements are not set correctly.

NotStock

Reaction score
the alignment will do nothing for bump steer, that is the domain of the suspension design

Im not trying to argue but thats not entirely true. Even less true with a 3-link. But it gets really technical and there is a lot to be learned from it.

m j

Reaction score
which adjustment will add bumpsteer? toe? caster? camber?

if you guys are going to call a radius arm a '3 link' you should be calling the parallel 4 link a '5 link'.
how can the panhard count in one and not the other?

pmf parts do look nice and clean.

Last edited:

scparrish

Reaction score
if you guys are going to call a radius arm a '3 link' you should be calling the parallel 4 link a '5 link'.
how can the panhard count in one and not the other?

If you are going to go looking for an argument at least make an effort to put forth some sort of useful knowledge.

Radius arms are radius arms a 4 link is a 4 link. A 3 link is whole different animal that applies to very few people here, if any.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score

That said. After installation of your 3 link AND your 4 link, my alignment guy here locally was really impressed by how close it was to being spot on from the measurements you provided us.

Layson

Reaction score
Is there measurements to take I'm only concerned with setting the caster any help appreciated

You can set it with an iphone if you don't have measurements.

What exactly are you doing anyways? What is on your truck now?

the alignment will do nothing for bump steer, that is the domain of the suspension design

Yes! You are correct!

Last edited:

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Trying to find out the same thing for my 03 that I am putting 05+ suspension on. Will see where this goes and if it answers my questions as well.

Latest posts

Members online