hopping and vibration

mattl140

Reaction score
truck hopps and vibrates does it most at 45 what could cause this I'm thinking shocks they are pretty old and beat. thanks

littleredstroker

Reaction score
every time ive had ujoints go out the vibration has come on about 45 mph, the last few I checked felt tight with driveline on the truck, felt tight with driveline OFF the truck , and was only confirmed when I drove it minus the rear driveline, There was a time when i would go through a set of ujoints a year so naturally anytime somene talkes about a vibration @ 45mph thats my first thought

mattl140

Reaction score
ok thanks guys i put on some 33s but it still vibrated pretty good before the tires and now it is a little worse with the new tires ill check the joints thanks. maybe they didn't balance the new wheels correctly.

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
Check ball joints too. I chased that problem, new u joints, different tires still did it. Finally after I got enough miles on a set of tires that the drivers front was wearing on the inside I put all new ball joints in and hop went away.

Arisley

Reaction score
The only time my truck hops at 45 is when I am in the throttle really, really hard and hit a speed bump right on a shift.

mattl140

Reaction score
just replaced all ujoints and carrier bearing it helped a bit. i did my ball joints last year but ill check. i think my problem are my shocks they are pretty beat and maybe front bearings. how would i check the rear axle bearings? put the back on stands and run it? thanks guys

Lethalthreat7.3

Reaction score
Does it go away above 45?
Did you keep your driveline balanced/inline. You can incorrectly install a joint off 90* throwing them out of balance which creates a vibration.

mattl140

Reaction score
its inline. the vibrations and hopping kinda clears up around 55 my shocks are pretty bad I'm going to be changing them soon with some bilsteins and some x code springs.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.