How do I connect SCT 9625OR to computer to copy tunes

jspaulding37918

Reaction score
I bought a used SCT 9625OR from a fellow member and did not get any cables to connect it to the computer to download the tunes. I have a mini USB cable that I tried hooking it up with but it won't power on. Can someone please help me get this figured out? My gearhead tunes should be here anytime and my mechanic should be ready for the tunes soon. Thank you.

78f100

Reaction score
It should power on but you may have to hold the power button to get it to come on. As long as the USB port is good and the tuner is good it should work.

jspaulding37918

Reaction score
I don't have a power button on my tuner. I have attached a couple of pictures for reference.

Attachments

• 20150501_223242.jpg
    20150501_223242.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
  • 20150501_223257.jpg
    20150501_223257.jpg
    1,013.8 KB · Views: 32

78f100

Reaction score
Escape button is power have to hold it down. I have one also.

Last edited:

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Escape button is power have to hold it down. I have one also.

Got a friend with a 9625OR we were trying to return his truck to stock to load his new tunes. Tuner kept rebooting back to the main menu after we would pressed ok on "turn key on" (finally got it to return to stock by holding the tuner a certain way) we tried to load his new custom tunes on the tuner via my PC but the tuner won't communicate with the the updater the tuner kept on turning on and off.)

We got it to stay on with hooked up to my PC by holding it a certain way (click on load custom tunes and it says device communication failed.) (we tried 3 different USB wires)

I can load my custom tunes on my X4 just fine with the same PC.

I'm thinking its broken what you guys think?

Tuner case is split and is not being held together LOL looks like the USB port on the is loose also.

2000th post :postwhore: LOL

eiorg9

Reaction score
You should call SCT at the beginning of next week. Call early in the morning and you won't have a wait. They open at 9 am. I just had similar issues earlier in the week and one of the SCT techs helped me through it.

78f100

Reaction score
^X2 if you can't get it. they should be there today, sometimes they are hard to get but are usually very helpful.

jspaulding37918

Reaction score
warranty is long gone anyway. the screen was all scratched up so I took it apart to remove the plastic cover so i can see what the screen says. I have tried multiple cables and even tried plugging it in to the obd2 port and the computer and still can't get it to connect to the computer. I've tried pushing the esc button as well as the others trying to get it to power on without being hooked up to the truck. any other ideas?

Thank you

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.