how do you know?.....

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
this is probably a stupid question, but how do you know if you truck is running good and nothing is wrong? mine starts right up everytime, even in the cold, i am just new to diesels and always worried something is wrong ever since i replaced the tensioner and idler pulley (tensioner split in half). how do you know if you have a bad injector? or if a piston or gasket or any major motor part is going? I think I am just freaking myself out. will codes be thrown for those kinds of failures? will there be a loud nock or tick? my truck is deleted but still has egr equipped which will soon be gone. just a nervous first time diesel owner. just rolled 80k miles.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I would say a good indication of your truck having a issue would be when you're on the side of the road saying " what the ***"...

Stroked777

Reaction score
All it takes is to understand your truck. Turn the radio down, you can tell a lot by listening. If I listen to my motor and using my foot as an indicator to I can tell when my trans is about to shift, how hard my motor is working, I can hear the cylinders firing and hear te increase on detonation sound when the engine is getting loaded up, can also even tell if the cylinders are still cold. Can tell if it's boosting a lot and etc. just drive it and listen to it. You you'll soon know what's the good normal sounds and what's not so good sound.

JrStroker

Reaction score
One thing I've learned, things can go from perfect to sh*t overnight.

As in my case, truck ran fine, shut it off, started it up the next morning and bam, choppy exhaust and cylinder 2 misfire. Injector said see ya!

Latest posts

Members online