How does the 5r detect trans temp?

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Hey guys. Wondering how the 5r detects trans temp. Trying to knock out all of the codes with the 48re swap. So far I've got the gear range on the dash working. And all but 3 codes gone. 2 trans temp codes and a voltage supply of some sort. I get a TPS code as well if I start the truck without my foot on the brake. Not sure what's going on with that as it didn't do it right away. And only comes on with my foot off the brake upon start up. Will rev and hold at 1300 or so rpm until I touch the brake.

Matt

Reaction score
I'd be interested to hear how you got the gear range selector working. I'd like to have it with my 4r.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Neutral safety switch with a bracket and lever. Hooked up to the linkage so it moves the lever when you move the linkage

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Think I found the trans temp sensor as well. Should be an easy fix by just wiring the plug back in and to the sensor. Just need to get it in one of the trans lines.

78f100

Reaction score
Ryan looks like you found it, if not its a little sensor that twists into the valvebody. I'm not sure how you could mount it other than externally to a line or pan though. If it was threaded you could tap the pan but it has 2 tabs that lock it in. I'm curious how your gonna like the 48re keep us posted.

ingrahams

Reaction score
could you post some more info and pics on what you did for the gear indicator and the temp sensor, been meaning to figure it out on my truck but always run out of time and have to go back to work. Thanks
-Stew

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I will keep you guys updated with it once I get everything squared away. Getting it all setup for a dyno/track day next weekend.

Matt

Reaction score
Curious if you have a back up camera and if that is working now that you got the gear indicator working??

Latest posts

Members online