How long to install RR?

GreenF350

Reaction score
Got all the parts in finally. Heard lots of good things about the fit and finish and went ahead and spent the money on the Strictly Diesel kit w/the post pump filter. How long should I be expecting to install this. It's looking like I should block out a full day for this, but for anyone that has installed this sort of kit, how long did it take you? I'll be doing it in the driveway, but I do have a Topside Creeper, just making sure it's not harder than it looks since I need to be able to drive the truck during the week.
-Aaron

TARM

Reaction score
Block out a full day. If you do not you know for sure that something will be boogered up and you will then not get it done as you will run out of time. Also start early in the morning that way after a couple hours if something broke etc a parts store will still be opening and if a part could possibly be gotten there from another store if needed. Nothing is worse then being about 99% done and its 10 PM and you need a part to finish.

GreenF350

Reaction score
Yeah, for some reason it seems like everytime I need a parts store it is always at 1:00 AM. Haha. A full day it is. I will make it a Saturday just to be sure. I am confident in my ability, just making sure I wasn't missing anything on what the install entailed. Every once in awhile something will sneak up on me that I could of avoided if I had just asked a question or two. Thanks!
-Aaron

GreenF350

Reaction score
Wow...LONG day today working on it and still not quite done. I need parts! Lol. Not for the regulated return though. I did an AIH delete and am going to move my line for my boost gauge so I need more line for my MAP sensor. All in all it went well though, just time consuming and man did it beat me up. I might be getting too old for this. Haha! Only thing left is removing the old fuel lines, tighten alternator/power steering bracket, reinstall belt and final leak check/pressure adjustment. I could leave the stock lines there, but....I think it will be cleaner with them gone. I got all the rest of the Ford fittings disconnected fine, but the ones under the alternator I can't seem to get apart. I'll wrestle with it some more tomorrow. I'm looking forward to firing it off tomorrow and seeing if it is as quiet as everyone else reports. Either way, I still think it is worth it.
-Aaron

TARM

Reaction score
That is what always happens to me. Glad you got it done. Trying to get to those rear ports and route the hose in the best place can be a PITA and takes some time

Latest posts

Members online