HPOP bleed off?

kdogg85

Reaction score
I have an 07 and am in the middle of a compound project. Is there anyway to rig up a bleed off to help get the air out of the oil system to help with startup? It took quite a few cranks when I put in 175's a while back to get it started and wondered if something along these lines would help out?

kdogg85

Reaction score
I haven't got to that point yet. I'm having the piping made saturday, and wednesday going to get the tunes written. I let it idle for 30 minutes and drove very easy fora couple days when my 175's went in.

just wondered if this may speed the process up? Like bleeding brakes i guess, find the farthest point and bleed from there.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I was under the impression it took some really hard driving to bleed the air out. Your idea sounds good in theory, but that oil is under some really high pressure, seems like a bleed off could be pretty dangerous. It's air coming out until it's not, then you've got hot high pressure oil...

kdogg85

Reaction score
The job would be done in an open area with plenty of extinguishers handy, plus some high psi stainless piping. I will try the the let it go in the oil pan and out the ccv first, if unsuccessful, then try the bleed off. While it was apart yesterday, I nosed around chasing paths to find the farthest point in the hpo route to hook the bleed up.

Latest posts

Members online