Hpop change and other weak components

046.ohBills

Reaction score
I'm going to be having my truck done up for its next long road trip. Last weekend I had some metal shavings on my ipr valve screen. I am going to have the hpop changed out to diesel sites billet hpop, stc fitting, dummy plugs, oil rail gaskets, oil cooler and anything you guys know of that is a weak component on the oil side of the engine. Let me know if you think that is a pretty good list or not. Thanks for input.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
I hear it can and if it goes it will eat the front cover and those are about 600+ and hard to find in my area. It's just cheap to check it out. Just a visual check on the gears and if they are bad I found them for 130.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
ok.....

lets start off with finding the source of the metal before we dump thousands into it..

lifter/cam type material? not sure? post a pic!

cracked gerotor? naa... and if so, something big went through it.. Id fix that first, cause itll happen again in a few hundred miles

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
The metal could have come from the pump, but as ctc said it could be any number of things. It also could just be dirt or other crap from the oil cooler reservoir. Your truck being an 04 will not have an stc that tends to blow out. As far as other things, if it is a late build i would put.dummy tubes and stand pipes in if they havent been changed before. If its an early build, i would put an icp on it, and a pigtail if there is any oil on it.

046.ohBills

Reaction score
the motor itself is the early where the icp is on the hpop and i myself last year changed out the pigtail and icp and over the last weekend changed out the icp and ipr valve.

Latest posts

Members online