HPx with upgraded HPOP

d7es3l

Reaction score
Will an HPx help prolong the life of injectors if I install a T500? I am not looking for any performance gains from the crossover, just to help the injectors towards the rear last longer

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I don't believe it will be worth it or a benefit in the long run.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
The Crossover line is just to keep pressure between the Oil rails the same. It will not increase oil flow to the rear injectors.

The hype that used to run around the forums when they first came out was just that. A bunch of hype.

I would spend the money someplace else. Or just save. it!

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Not sure hype is the right word, but you have to expect the right thing from the crossover.

There is NO power benefit.
There is NO longevity benefit.
There is NO economy benefit.
It has nothing to do with deadhead rails...that's a FUEL issue.
It will NOT increase ICP in a truck with ICP drop-off problems.

The ONLY thing an HPX line does is balance the pressure in the HIGH PRESSURE OIL rails. It helps to take the high/low spikes out. The graphs on my site show the difference with and without the HPX...and the customer testimony tells me it's not just imaginary. Not every single truck will produce a significantly noticeable difference, but a very significant number of customers have reported a noticeably smoother idle and overall operation (throughout the RPM range).

So...if you have the extra money and would like to smooth out how the engine runs...try one. If money is tight and you don't care if it runs smoother...save your money or spend it elsewhere.

m j

Reaction score
if it has a crossover, or the checkvalves are removed from HPOP it shouldnt matter where the ICP is located
if anything I would put it as far from the pump as possible and not in a small ID line

JCart

Reaction score
I thought I saw on here where someone installed a flexible HPX and put a block mid way to install the ICP in. O course did a search Grrrrr nothin came up.

So does the ICP (sensor) smooth out the pressure spike when sampling HPO or is it done at the PCM? The HPX graphs from Dennis indicate a significant reduction in pressure peak to valley variation. Where was the sames taken from.... Guessing ICP?

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Readings were from the factory ICP sensor in the factory location. Only change was installation of the HPX line.

Tom S

Reaction score
I was happy when I had one on the truck. I just got one recently from a friend that I plan on re-installing as long as it will work with the 38r.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.