Hs intercooler upgrade pipe

richiee23

Reaction score
I'm wondering which hs intercooler upgrade kit people are using. I know one deletes the throttle body and the other one leaves the throttle body. Which one is most people going with.

Thanx richie

Reaction score
Either kit works great. It really comes down to whether or not you have tuning. Some guys want to leave the throttle body in place even with tuning which doesn't hurt anything either. There isn't a performance gain with one kit over the other so it's really your choice.

Attachments

• Intercooler Pipe.jpg
    Intercooler Pipe.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Intercooler Pipe Old Style.jpg
    Intercooler Pipe Old Style.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 118

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I sell a lot of these, here's my take, if you NEVER plan on returning to stock get the original , if you are still on warranty , or no tune , or think you may ever take it back , get the updated version. both in stock for days.

Blackdawg

Reaction score
I've been running the one that leaves the throttle body in place for a few thousand miles. All stock truck, just blew up the OE pipe going to work one day and decided may as well fix it right. Plus I figured it's there for when I do tune/delete.

Reaction score
It's not actually the metal piping that has the issue but the plastic elbow. It's not if it's going to blow, it's when.

Here is a picture for reference-

Attachments

• Blown Plastic.jpg
    Blown Plastic.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 169

trugertha

Reaction score
Great kit. I bought a competitors piping and it didn't even replace the part that explodes. Give bigrpowr a shout he'll hook you up! I got mine in the mail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akk110

Reaction score
Absolutely! I have the same myself.... Props to Mike! I'm having fun with the set up! 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online