HUGE 6.4L build project complete

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
62lbs boost and 72ebp is nothing to complain about. That's not too far off from what I see right now.

the other thing is being able to tune the turbos individually. a dashdaq maximizer will help a ton , that's how I tuned mine. driving my atmo right up to the surge line was the most power in the truck. that was with high powers. its a fine line of how you gate, how you fuel, and how you gate. this is where 2 gates is really optimal. more bs but WAY more fine tuning.

madman1234509

Reaction score
I totally hear you on all of that, and mine it still a work in progress as well. Runs very well, but the gates probably aren't set up as efficiently as possible. But his set up just bypasses the turbos, so unfortunately he can really only limit back pressure with in turn causes it to make less boost. On the positive side, it is much easier/simple in what he's trying to do. The maximizer is a good idea, don't you have them Mike?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I totally hear you on all of that, and mine it still a work in progress as well. Runs very well, but the gates probably aren't set up as efficiently as possible. But his set up just bypasses the turbos, so unfortunately he can really only limit back pressure with in turn causes it to make less boost. On the positive side, it is much easier/simple in what he's trying to do. The maximizer is a good idea, don't you have them Mike?

dustin does.

dmkolb

Reaction score
Just a heads up. My truck caught fire tonight and is a total lose. There wont be any more updates on the truck for obvious reasons. I'll never again do everything that was done to this truck to any other vehicle. It's all gone just like that. Thanks for all the good advice. Just numb at the moment.

dmkolb

Reaction score
Not sure. I took it to the shop to have an alternator put in it and I dropped it off at night. 30 minutes later after I left it was on fire. I'll probably never know for sure what happened.

sootie

Reaction score
That sucks! At least you weren't in it at the time...trucks can be replaced.

is anything salvageable at all?

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Sucks man, but like mentioned above, the truck can always be replaced. Hopefully the insurance pays out pretty well and you can get into another one

madman1234509

Reaction score
Any worries about it being vandalism? Any chance the shop has cameras facing where the truck was parked? Crazy if it happened after the truck was parked and shut off. Sorry about you're loss. I'd be devastated.

Latest posts

Members online