Hunting for wheel spacers.

Bigharm27

Reaction score
hey guys i have a customer in my shop wanting to get some 1.5 inch wheel spacers running his stock wheels on a '15 f250. first off my dad bought some for his '15 f250 off ebay and we found out that the hub ecentric spacers did not want to fit around the rear axle where it sticks out (the axle hub). we had to machine them to get them to fit. just trying to find a company that has addressed this problem and/or selling wheel spacers. just trying to avoid machining them to save the customer some money. thanks for the help

Bigharm27

Reaction score
thanks man. i tom@ big time kustomz referred me to a company called shifted industries. well priced and fast respond time.

Reaction score
I would like to see pics of truck with spacers. I've always thought of doing it just never have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
i had somone hatee 3" ones i ran for a while and never hasd any problems whats so ever ! everys and talks **** about em but i have had em on 2 trucks now

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
20x9 with 3" spacers leveled
f1c6ab10-97d9-4e3f-993a-d4411d641904.jpg

Ipkyss

Reaction score
hey guys i have a customer in my shop wanting to get some 1.5 inch wheel spacers running his stock wheels on a '15 f250. first off my dad bought some for his '15 f250 off ebay and we found out that the hub ecentric spacers did not want to fit around the rear axle where it sticks out (the axle hub). we had to machine them to get them to fit. just trying to find a company that has addressed this problem and/or selling wheel spacers. just trying to avoid machining them to save the customer some money. thanks for the help

First off you need to understand why you can't get what your asking for. A hub centric spacer will not fit over the axle flange. You have to pull the shaft, put the spacer on, then install the shaft. Actually kind of easy. BUT. This is only true with the solid aluminum spacers. If you machine them, there is no longer enough material to safely hold the wheel centered.

The other option is to go to Fred at Wheeladaptor.com but they are really pricey. As of the last set I bought they are Steel spacers with a pressed in thin piece of Stainless steel that is used for the hub centric part. Really nice, Worth the money if its what you want. But at the price its almost worth just buying new wheels

PasoF450

Reaction score
I bought spacers from these guys http://www.motorsport-tech.com. They are hub centric and wheel centric, that is the only way you want to run spacers. They carry both steel and aluminum. Made in the USA

Last edited:

Bigharm27

Reaction score
First off you need to understand why you can't get what your asking for. A hub centric spacer will not fit over the axle flange. You have to pull the shaft, put the spacer on, then install the shaft. Actually kind of easy. BUT. This is only true with the solid aluminum spacers. If you machine them, there is no longer enough material to safely hold the wheel centered.

The other option is to go to Fred at Wheeladaptor.com but they are really pricey. As of the last set I bought they are Steel spacers with a pressed in thin piece of Stainless steel that is used for the hub centric part. Really nice, Worth the money if its what you want. But at the price its almost worth just buying new wheels

OK the guy that I was talking to at shifted industries said I would need a hub/wheel centric spacer with a lip for the front and a standard spacer for the rear without a lip because the wheel will be riding on the axle flange. I'm gonna look how my dad's set up and see if the wheels are supported by the axle flange or what. Because that is what I am gathering from his info

Jomax

Reaction score

You grind the axle shaft end until the spacer slides on. Taking off the axle shaft every time SUCKS.

Put the rear on jack stands, put the truck in drive and with a grinder, grind the end of the axle shaft (the cap with the bolt holes) just enough until the hub centric spacers slide right on.

All of the above is what Fred told me to do when I had a dually with his spacers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online