Hybrid vs. Non-Hybrid

TooMuch03

Reaction score
In the future I'd like to step up to larger injectors, and I am trying to decide, with the latest advancements in Hybrid injectors almost eliminating fuel dilution, whether I would be better off with hybrids or conventional injectors. I did some searching and didn't find any threads really discussing the pros and cons of each option. So, I'd like to hear some of your opinions on this, and hopefully get into a little bit of technical discussion. For a given injector size, which type would make more power, or last longer, or be more cost effective, or have better drivability, or be easier to tune, etc.? I am talking about injector sizes large enough that HPO upgrades would be necessary for conventional injectors, like 225s or bigger.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Conventional injectors are better as long as you can keep icp. But hybrids are the easy way. I think tuning hybrids is easyer that tuning dual hpops

TooMuch03

Reaction score
Why do you say conventionals are better, because they can run higher injection pressures, and better atomization? What if you had the same size hybrids but with smaller nozzles, so they would atomize the fuel better without the need for higher injection pressure? Is that even possible, or would you limit the amount of fuel that can be injected too much?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Rcd hybrids are the best ive seen as far as power wise and no fuel dilution..ive been hearing rumors that the bodies that industrial are using are not heat treated or hardened which will cause short lifetime

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.