Hydroboost Brakes

SAK

Reaction score
Here's what I know, on my 05 250 I had hydroboost but on my 08 250 I don't remember it if did or not and on my 11 250 it does not. I was under the assumption that to get hydroboost brakes you had to get a 350 now. But while I was in Ennis this past weekend the conversation came up and I was told that you couldn't get hydroboost on a 250 or 350, is there any truth to this? The guy I deal with at my dealer couldn't tell me since on the specs of the trucks it just says 4 wheel abs brakes for all the models.

So does anyone know what trucks come with hydroboost brakes? Trying to figure out which 2015 I'm going to get, if the 350s don't come with them in probably just going to take the 250 that is coming in.

Last edited:

jordan572

Reaction score
My late build 14 f-350 came with vacuum assisted brakes. Its a 6.7

Last edited:

Jbenso127

Reaction score
I was told that ford did away with the hydroboost in the 6.7 superdutys.. Could be completely wrong but I can kind of fathom it.. I've had trouble with the hydroboost system in all of my superdutys.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i never really realize how much i dislike hydroboost untill i drive my racetruck, or even better when i drove this 6.0 i had worked on for awhile, takes much more pedal to get the same braking and imho the braking force isnt nearly as good. I know my truck with wider heavier wheels and tires would outstop both.

The other added benifit i see is parking, while you have your foot on the brake you are no longer robbing brake pressure from the steering system and parking is much easier esp with wide wheels and tires.

I have grossed 28-30k no problem with my truck and braking has never once felt even the least bit sketchy

09stroker

Reaction score
i never really realize how much i dislike hydroboost untill i drive my racetruck, or even better when i drove this 6.0 i had worked on for awhile, takes much more pedal to get the same braking and imho the braking force isnt nearly as good. I know my truck with wider heavier wheels and tires would outstop both.

The other added benifit i see is parking, while you have your foot on the brake you are no longer robbing brake pressure from the steering system and parking is much easier esp with wide wheels and tires.

I have grossed 28-30k no problem with my truck and braking has never once felt even the least bit sketchy

Interesting.... I love the hydroboost compared to vacuum brakes. I can't stand the soft pedal.

Jbenso127

Reaction score

My biggest complaint was the parking deal. Barely on the pedal, it would feel like I completely lose power steering... Even worse with larger tires. All of my buddies 6.7s, you can stand on the pedal and still turn the steering wheel with your finger, it seems like.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
My biggest complaint was the parking deal. Barely on the pedal, it would feel like I completely lose power steering... Even worse with larger tires. All of my buddies 6.7s, you can stand on the pedal and still turn the steering wheel with your finger, it seems like.

nope your completly right thats how they work, its great.

MrMike2010

Reaction score
Yea my 2010 has vacuum brakes and I have no complaints at all. My old 6leaker had hydro boost and like everyone else stated pulling into parking spots or just going around tight corners touching the brakes made turning the wheel brutal. And forget it if the truck stalls for some reason (remember this was a 6.0), trying to stop was tough and took quite a bit longer. The vacuum brakes at least give u one good stop before the pedal becomes hard.

SAK

Reaction score
I guess I never noticed all the things you guys dont like about them. I know when I drive a truck with them I always seem to want them in my truck. But guess it isn't an option anymore.

Latest posts

Members online