Hydroboost Conversion Done

kip4234

Reaction score
5C3Z.2140.LB Is for the 99-03 F250 super duty with cruise control and disk brakes that is the mastercylinder that i am using not the old early OBS super duty master.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
Real quick question..

I am parting a 95 F-superduty with a gas engine. Are any of the hydroboost parts different on a gas motor?

Got4wd

Reaction score
Real quick question..

I am parting a 95 F-superduty with a gas engine. Are any of the hydroboost parts different on a gas motor?

Gas or diesel it's all the same. You need the pedal to make the hydroboost work correctly.

Peroni

Reaction score
From the outside the proportioning valve on a F Superduty looks identical to one for a F150/250/350. However if you look closer it's just a piece of steel drilled straight thru with no valving inside. So it's not really a proportioning valve at all. It's just as Brad says, a tie in to the system. I wonder why Ford even bothered with this piece?

DxTrEm3Fx

Reaction score
Do you need to add disc breaks to the rear before you convert to the hydro boost, or I would guess it's recommended? If you need to add the rear disc breaks is there a post showing part numbers and install photos?

freddie

Reaction score
What did everyone do for the outlet line from the steering gear box to the cooler?
In the pics on the first page I see that 3/8" line runs down from the gear box to the cooler, but I don't s any mention of a fitting, etc.

freddie

Reaction score
What did everyone do for the outlet line from the steering gear box to the cooler?
In the pics on the first page I see that 3/8" line runs down from the gear box to the cooler, but I don't s any mention of a fitting, etc.
Nvermind, I see it now.
A Magnafine filter was installed in the return line. In case the pump or steering box ever failed I didn't want the fine passages in the booster getting clogged. It is secured with a 2" standoff pipe clamp.
hydroboost_10.jpg

Lifted_Tea

Reaction score
Using the 6u9z-2005-a will let you use the stock obs master cylinder or the 1 3/8 sd master. Here is the sd master, lines bolt right on

9F51-125C917BAD45-209-00000008D1767AA3_zpsbe1bbf7a.jpg

9624-E130ACDA3AD6-209-00000008D944673A_zpsefc144d4.jpg

So your'e saying that if I get the 6u9z-2005-a Booster for my 95' F350 7.3 w/ cruise control that not only it will bolt right up to the fire wall but will bolt right up with my current master cylinder I have on the truck right now? I have drums still in the rear and don't plan on converting them to disc for some time now and I don't want to mess around with swapping out valves or anything to make the drums work properly with a new master cylinder like listed in OP's original parts list so would love to just keep my current master cylinder and have the brakes proportioned right. Also although the 6u9z-2005-a booster is a different booster then what OP used will the hydraulic lines OP has listed in his parts list still bolt right up to the 6u9z-2005-a booster or do you need adapter fittings? Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online