hydroboost conversion using a sd booster

kadeninabnitt

Reaction score
Ive searched and came up with little. Ive got a booster from a 99 sd. Ive caught little bits here and there searching that modifications are necessary using this booster. I have yet to find what exactly needs to be done all i can find is info on the f-superduty booster. So far i know the line from the booster to the gear box wont work from the sd. the other lines off the booster seem like they will fit on my truck. What else needs to be done to make it work on mine?

old man dave

Reaction score
I think the few guys who used the SD booster posted on PSNation quite some time ago.

Once the F-SD booster details became known, a lot went with the all factory parts converstion of the F-SD. Only mod is to relocate the pin on the brake pedal. The Motorcraft BRB37 hydroboost is currently only $235 on Rockauto.

old man dave

Reaction score
As I recall, you also have to make up a custom length pushrod for the SD booster.

If you decide to go with the OBS F-Super Duty conversion, be sure to get the Motorcraft hydroboost unit since it comes with the pushrod. Some of the others do not come with the pushrod and it is not available seperately.

Latest posts

Members online